User Tag List

Thread: DarkEdif

kraminator

DarkEdif

I was wondering how one would get the DarkEdif SDK. the suggestions thread seemed to have died in 2k10 so I would assume that DarkEdif is either dead or ready for release.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://github.com/SortaCore/MMF2Ext...aster/DarkEDIF
    I highly recommend using EDIF rather than DarkEDIF - Phi is still a long way to go on it.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are quite stable atm, however DarkEDIF allows things which developers wanted, such as multiple languages in the JSON, optional use of "(" in an expression name, comments in the JSON, etc. However, DarkEDIF has some features that are only half implemented.
    I wouldn't agree with LB's recommendation, but I wouldn't disagree either.
    At any rate, you can find all the SDKs on the repo in my signature (it has an older version of EDIF though to the official one - I'll be updating within the next couple of weeks).

kraminator
    now that you are here I have a suggestion for darkedif: a better way to define properties with JSON support.

oh, and I also ask that someone provide a list of all the PROPID_* and IDS_* options at least until darkedif is ready.
    Edit: I guess if the information requested is not available or a link provided for it does not happen, then I will download the original SDK to get the information I seek since that area seems unchanged from rSDK and the original.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kraminator View Post
    now that you are here I have a suggestion for darkedif: a better way to define properties with JSON support.
    That was one of the first suggestions. Currently it's half-implemented, you can set up the properties but EDITDATA won't allocate space, so what you select won't save. See DarkEDIF's Blank project for an example

kraminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    That was one of the first suggestions. Currently it's half-implemented, you can set up the properties but EDITDATA won't allocate space, so what you select won't save. See DarkEDIF's Blank project for an example
    Will we be able to define properties as part of the class itself? i.e. what of I want to define a type size_t property to indicate how big something is, or a typedef struct like wadinfo_t property, that would be awesome and ideal for for my WAD Object (currently in development) and for my KENS Compression Object (planned). I guess my object will remain beta until DarkEDIF becomes stable. Another question, will DarkEDIF support java as well?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kraminator if you need help with managing the editdata structure with dynamically sized data, I can help with that. Most of my objects that use properties use dynamically sized data and I've worked out a good system.

All extension SDKs support Java, you just have to use the Java SDK for the Java code and EDIF for the C++ code.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

kraminator
    the editdata structure is rather strange and it does not conform to C/C++ very well (tries to mimic the event editor inside of C) and that is why I am asking for a few pointers on it, as for the rest, lol, super easy. the KENS dlls are written in C/C++ and a few of them use iostreams to send data between the program and the classes (uses std::istream and std:fstream). kens is a library that packs and unpacks all of the following: Sega art compression (RLE encoded Huffman; used in a variety of genesis games including sonic the hedgehog, in the sonic hacking community known as Nemesis Compression), Sega Level Compression (well documented by Brett Kosinski; used in a variety of genesis games including ristar and sonic the hedgehog 2), Sega music compression (LZSS compression; used in sonic the hedgehog 2 and megaman wilie wars), and Sega misc. compression (discovered by stealth; most commonly used in 16x16 block mappings and screen mappings; all genesis/megadrive sonic games use it heavily). the libraries are open source, thus no Sega proprietary code was used and it can be ported to 68k to be used in homebrew via m68k-elf-g++.exe to prevent one from really needing to hack a sonic game to get the sega equivilent.

oh, and LB, I will be pming you very soon