Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Screen Size

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Screen Size

I don't unterstand the new display options. is there a tutorial ?
    1. if i want to make a app for iphone 5 and older devices, what are the windows size and the frame size ?
    2. when i make a app in 640x1136 what display option should i take, so that the app also run on 640x960 devices ?
    3. if i have an app with 640x960 and want it to run on iphone 5, what are the display options ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello my friend....I has the same problem a little days ago and finally I found my better option of my app

Wel...I put my app on 640x960 and all of my frames in 640x1136....the export option I used "Fit inside and adjust window size"....this works PERFECT on all iPhone devices...

But, there something you need to do if you and to put objects on top of you frames.....for example, if you want to put a button that aways stay in 0px of bottom you will need to make a Event that detects if you running in iPhone 5 or old iPhone's then reorganize the position of object...

Is very simple...you need to put you object on the bottom 960px (considering that the hot spot is set on bottom of you active)..then create a event that compare two general values: the Y Top Frame with 960...so:

CONDITION:
    Y Top Frame>960
    THEN:
    Set Y position of "you object) to 1136

Well...this will work perfect! when you run in old iPhone's you object will be on buttom 960px...then when you run in iPhone 5 you object will be on bottom too because of the event that you created...

Well...that's it....wait that you understood.....sorry to my bad english!

Best regards

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS: This will work perfect o all iphone's and ipod...but in iPad will not work fine the app will be ajusted in window and you will have a blank space below you app....so...using this method that I said you will need to build a separate version for iPad.... in my case I'll just use the same version but I will export with diferent option (fit inside, black bars)....then will work on iPad with back bars on top and bottom....but it's ok for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paobrasil View Post
    Well...I put my app on 640x960 and all of my frames in 640x1136....the export option I used "Fit inside and adjust window size"....this works PERFECT on all iPhone
    i've tried this with a testapp ( only one background image ), but it doesn't work.
    on iphone 5 it shows only the half of the app and centered it on screen, with large black bars at the top and bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you tried on iOS Simulator?

it's impossible to get black bars in this option.....I did this and it's working perfectly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tried on iphone 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So strange....In my iOS simulator on Xcode it showing perfectly using fit inside and adjust window......there's no sense to happen what is happening to you...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try "adjust window size" instead :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you installed the latest beta? Doing that fixed a similar display issue for me

Edit: Although (and I posted about this issue in the iOS beta forum) both "Frame Height" and "Y Bottom Frame" display 960 even if the frame is indeed visible down to 1136... this is quite the issue here if we are to design our apps for different sized resolutions.

Edit 2: Ignore that last edit... I didn't realize I needed to set my frame to 1136, and let it shrink if needed. I had it set to 960 and let it grow to a bigger size if needed... oops!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast