User Tag List

Thread: Sphax Kernel Object Custom Window Styles

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Sphax Kernel Object Custom Window Styles

I hope this is the right forum for this sort of question. Apologies if it is not.

In any event, I'm trying to use the Sphax Kernel Extension in order to set custom window styles for the MMF2 Application window.

Here's what I know:
    I want to set the Window Extended Style to WS_EX_LAYERED
    which is a constant equal to 0x00080000
    0x00080000 is a DWORD to my understanding

Here in lies the trick:
    The custom extended window style dialog is asking for a number, presumably an int
    This leaves me exceedingly clueless.
    The title of the dialog only conveys one vague hint, it is titled "Custom Styles (See MSDN for WS_*)"
    And so I did, though i have no idea what I'm looking for because the only information I have regarding any number is "0x00080000" which MMF2 does not accept as a number. It seems like string to int doesn't do the trick either, really.

Essentially what I'm trying to accomplish here is having a transparent frame background for my MMF2 by manipulating the window.
    As a side note, it's really irritating to see that MMF2 doesn't have an in-built feature to support transparent layered windows. If it offered such a feature, the applications I could/would make would be limitless.

Regardless, if anybody could provide me with any insight to this, I'd greatly appreciate it. This is driving me nuts!
    Thanks.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Windows Calculator, set it to Advanced/Programmer mode and set it to Octal, type in that number, then set it to Decimal and it will convert it for you. Then you can type that number into MMF2.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    In Windows Calculator, set it to Advanced/Programmer mode and set it to Octal, type in that number, then set it to Decimal and it will convert it for you. Then you can type that number into MMF2.
    Thanks for the reply. I was really excited to try out this answer until I remembered that base-8 numbers are 0-7 so, and please correct me if I'm just being an idiot, the number 00080000 can't be an octal, because it contains the number "8".

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xmetalxthrasherx - looks like Hexadecimal to me.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmetalxthrasherx View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I was really excited to try out this answer until I remembered that base-8 numbers are 0-7 so, and please correct me if I'm just being an idiot, the number 00080000 can't be an octal, because it contains the number "8".
    Whoops, haha, yeah I mean Hexadecimal - not octal. I often get their names mixed up.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3