User Tag List

Thread: Mid to Late '90s Beta Tester

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Mid to Late '90s Beta Tester

I was a mid to late '90s Beta Tester. Click&Create, TGF, and MMF/Vitalize. I dug thru my old discs last night and found I still have Build 98 of MMF-1, and two games I created that I zipped and stored back in 1997 when I finally gave up on MMF.

Try telling people today that one was working on today's sorts of Apps and website animations 15 years ago and they think you've slipped a few marbles :-)

The other day I got reminded of this, I've been trying to learn some programs for making Apps for various phones and pads/tablets and websites animations in HTML5 compatible Java, and I suddenly remembered MMF, so I googled, and got a big surprise that everything is still chugging along.

I got a bigger surprise when I saw claims somewhere that MMF-2 creations could be exported to Apps for all the various smart phones and HTML5 compatible Java for websites, and I hurried to check it out.

SURE - I shouted - it's been 15 years ! Of course MMF MUST have become far more than it had ever been - it's finally what I'd hoped it had been 15 years ago !

Alas - I instantly discovered - it's not true.

too bad - so sad.....

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean it isn't true? MMF2 can export to Flash, Java, iOS, Android, HTML5 (in beta testing), and even to Python with the Anaconda runtime by Mathias (so it can run on all three of Windows, Mac, and Linux). You should be smiling:
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To continue on what LB said, a few of the exporters are in private beta and as such, will not be released until they are primed for the public

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Steve I'm puzzled... whilst some of the exporters you mentioned are in beta testing and not publicly available yet (plus some more you didn't mention), there are exporters for the other platforms. At the moment if you want to build for a web page embedded app/game your options are Flash or Java but obviously the HTML5 exporter will extend this ability when it is released.

If you need some help with any of it just say the word

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried out the demo, found nothing I wanted/needed, I searched and scoured the website, the forums, and found no information about those exports.

You all say 'they' are in beta-testing, so I sincerely apologize for my original post -

despite the fact that what I said is correct. What I had come back looking for - is in beta-testing.

It currently cannot do what I got the initial impression and hoped that it could - yet.

And I hope it's not another 15 years before that happens.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is it you hope it can do? If you need information or have questions about the exporters, we can help.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Website info:

Released now

SWF/Flash -- http://www.clickteam.com/website/world/swf-export-module

iOS -- http://www.clickteam.com/website/world/ios-export-module

XNA -- http://www.clickteam.com/website/world/xna-export-module

In Beta:

Android -- http://www.clickteam.com/website/world/android-export-module

HTML5 -- http://www.clickteam.com/website/world/html5-export-module

Playstation Vita -- No page yet

Then you also have Anaconda which is a Python Runtime written by Mathias here on the forums.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's no small task to export to "all the various smartphones" and "HTML5". It's pretty impressive that MMF can nearly do that now... People seem to just think exporting happens by magic or something. :p

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. I went on to the site's front page to see if the visiblity of the exporters could be better, but... they really are right there under "Export Modules", and the demo offers you the option to activate and test their features...