User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: XNA Exporter and Windows Phone 8 SDK - Important info and lessons learned, so far

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch MakerUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking about purchasing the XNA exporter,.. so as far as it seems it only runs on windows phone up to 7.1, right? Or it just doesn't run on windows phone 8, or doesn't have some of windows 8 features?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MMF2 generated XNA applications do run on WP7.0, 7.5 and 8.0, but you can only target WP7.0 with XNA which means that you are not able to take advantage of new features and capabilities in WP8. This is not due to MMF, but XNA itself, as it seems to play nowadays a smaller role in Microsoft's supported development frameworks for WP8.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch MakerUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see... thanks MJK!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until this is fixed I can't publish any Windows Phone apps, and now have several queuing, please can we make this a priority. (I no longer have any windows 7 or lower machines, and the windows phone 7.1 SDK wont install on Windows 8)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, the WP7.1 SDK DOES install on Windows 8.

- Uninstall what you have installed already
    - Install Games For Windows : http://www.xbox.com/en-US/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient
    - Install the WP7.1 SDK, it will work

Problem with the 7.1 SDK under W8 is that you can you cannot run your application

Why cant you publish your project under WP8 SDK? It works fine. What is preventing them from being published? (there is certainly a way to modify the project preferences directly in Visula Studio so that you can publish)...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Francois, odd how Microsoft does not show 'games for windows' as a prerequisites on the 7.1 SDK download page in the App Hub. However what concerns me is you say you can't run application using it, doesn't that make the whole thing pointless? no one would upload an app that's never had any real testing on devices they plan to sell to people.

To clarify can you not run apps just on the emulator / windows phone devices or both? If you can still run on devices this would be a work around for now.

Also you can submit apps to be review on the WP8 SDK however they get rejected as they don't work correctly (and so they should):

error report from Microsoft: "When the user deactivates the application, the application does not reactivate when the user presses the device Back button immediately or after waiting for ten seconds."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK now have SDK 7.1 on my machine (windows 8 pro) and MMF2 R255., when I try to build either to devices or emulator I get the error:

"The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel."

Is this the known issue in not being able to build? Any help would be much appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had no problem bluiding on 7.1 SDK the projects I tried.
    Can you zip and send me your project?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Farncois, I'm not sure this will help as it happens with the most basic game, including this frame with one animated object: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...DFFEC5CD!35343

also may have misunderstood what you said previously about 7.1 sdk on windows 8 "Problem with the 7.1 SDK under W8 is that you can you cannot run your application".

please note I have published games to windows phone before under windows 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This message is generated by Visual Studio itself. I have the same message, but when I try to run the games. A build works.
    So you have the problems when building? (try "build" from the project window popup menu).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast