User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: XNA Exporter and Windows Phone 8 SDK - Important info and lessons learned, so far

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    This message is generated by Visual Studio itself. I have the same message, but when I try to run the games. A build works.
    So you have the problems when building? (try "build" from the project window popup menu).
    OK sorry for not being clear, technically it does build, but the game will not run due to the same error message, how am I meant to test my games?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is a known fact that Windows Phone application cannot be run (on the device or on the simulator) under Windows 8.
    You have to install Windows Phone SDK 8 to run them (normally, I did it, and it does not work, but it works for most people)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK it seems we have gone around in a circle waisting allot of time, are you saying the issues the topic creator has brought up (what this topic is actually about) don't exist?

I am getting the same issues, and games using it do not get approved (I have rejection reports if needed) one of the main issues is that the game will freeze if you come out of it on the phone then back in (either via back, windows or search buttons)

Please can these issues be looked into ASAP I really want to support windows phone using the XNA plug-in however I currently cant despite what the compatibility requirements of the plugin suggest.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am a bit stuck on my Windows8 machine with the phone not being recognised by the WP8 SDK... Trying to solve this issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    I am a bit stuck on my Windows8 machine with the phone not being recognised by the WP8 SDK... Trying to solve this issue.
    If you need any help with BETA or testing I have Window Phone 7.5 and 8 devices. Good to know this is being looked into, cheers!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if I have cause some confusion, so I will update what I have learned since the original post.

- Yes, Visual Studio Express 2010 for Windows Phone 7 can be installed side-by-side with the Windows Phone 8 SDK.

- XNA Runs on Windows Phone 8, but you want the MMF output to run in the WP8 SDK, you will need to do the CSPROJ edit I mentioned above. I wanted to use ads, so I had to go back to just using the WP7 SDK because I could not get the XNA advertising module to run in the WP8 SDK.

- My back button issue was solved if I DID NOT upgrade the project from WP 7.0 to 7.1. See http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=72908

When I deploy to Windows Phone 7, it still uses the Zune software, not the Windows 8 Phone App. I have been deploying for Windows Phone 7, again for the ads, so I haven't been deploying to my WP8 phone. Probably a big no-no in testing, but it keeps everything else working. If it works on WP7, most likely it will work on 8.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh... If i correctly understand it is impossible to make a true WP8 app with MMF. So i can't make in-app purchase items, and i can't use the MMF Advertising module with the WP8 SDK...

Okay, my projects are ruined... Let's make another free game and waste my money...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect ClickTeam will eventually make a Windows 8 exporter ? It would be nice to run on both Surface Pro and Surface RT.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3