User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Parallels Desktop for Mac

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
    Hey guys, I'm upgrading my Mac soon, just wanted to check how Parallels is running with MMF now? Are we noticing any more problems? I'm probably going to be ordering my new one with double the standard RAM (16GB) and dedicating half of it to Parallels so I can run MMF (at least until the Mac version of 2.5 shows up), I'm just wondering if it's properly workable yet?
    That's what I've done with Parallels - 8GB for Windows and 8GB for Mac. It works perfectly for me; really quick with no lag.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parallels Desktop for Mac

Excellent stuff. Thanks guys. I'll be upgrading to a new iMac with 16GB in a few months time, I just got the new iPad Air so I'd feel guilty if I spent anymore money, lol

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a MacBook Air with 4GB and I run parallels no problem. Memory management is so much better in OS X Mavericks with compression and quite frankly Windows 8 doesn't require a lot of RAM. Even before Mavericks I had no problem coding out Zombie Crunch, a massively high frame rate retina side scroller, on my MacBook Air 4GB.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parallels Desktop for Mac

So I upgraded my Mac. Instead of iMac this time I went for MacBook Pro, got the one with the highest specs (8GB RAM, i7). I've got parallels desktop running on it now, 4GB dedicated to it. It all seems great aside from a bit of audio latency. Sounds seem to be a few milliseconds behind. It's a little frustrating when working on timing, does anybody have a solution to this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strangely my mac has stopped running parallels. It just complains about the mac not beeing able to run in virtual mode and bombs out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's odd... It's still working a treat over here... Have you googled the error message?

I was dedicating 4GB to my Parallels - 4GB to OSX and 4GB to Parallels, but I've found I can drop it to 2GB and still get about the same performance out of it with Fusion, so I'm thinking of sticking to that configuration, barring any issues...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll reinstall it sometime i think. Maybe i accidentally deleted something. So much easier with the android export..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4