User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Parallels Desktop for Mac

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a 2011 iMac (upgraded with 8gig) and I run parallels.

I have not tried any exe's as I'm just testing and learning, learning and testing.

I only plan to do stuff for mobile platforms. I'm curious if I need to worry about this, I mean I don't mind supporting an open complaint/ticket in order to help the cause... Point me to it.

Also, is there a reason to write games for the PC? I didn't know that people play much except flash web games or something epic as like Battlefield FPS stuff, etc

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
    Any news on the Direct3D issues? I don't really want to go out and fork out for this RAM unless I know it can run smoothly without me having to disable D3D and lose performance.
    I upgraded to Parallels 8 the other day (from VMWare Fusion 4), and I also upgraded my RAM from 8GB to 16GB (MacBook Pro, Late 2011). I haven't had any trouble after the upgrade with anything, apart from if I try to run the Windows Experience Index test, the virtual machine crashes and restarts.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parallels is great, but I recommend your Mac has at least 4gb RAM. I actually use a program called Crossover that basically emulates Windows and lets you run Windows apps inside of OS X. If you can get over some of the minor glitches, it works very well. And when I originally tested it, it cannot export flash and HWA doesn't work. But for creating iOS apps, I've had no issues exporting or running within MMF2. I have it installed here, and for those rare occasions where I do actually need HWA or flash, I have it installed in Parallels.
    Here's an (older) video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gtQ02fDyXU

Edit: Here's the link
    http://www.codeweavers.com
    I recommend you try out the trial. Maybe download a trial of MMF2 so you don't waste one of the times you can use the key.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still running the previous version of parallels, not checked if they have fixed the issue for my graphics card. I guess unless it is an issue for more than just me, it won't be very high on their priority list. The directx modes worked well enough, especially for testing purposes, but I do have the luxury of being able to run parallels 7 so it's no major headache for me. I won't be upgrading until they fix (or otherwise until I get a new mac).
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An update for anyone interested. Parallels released a patch two or three weeks ago that fixes the HWA rendering (DirectX9) bug I was having with MMF games. All running sweet now for me in version 8.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI - I run Parallels with my iMac 27" 2.9 i5 w/32 GB of RAM and MMF2 works flawlessly under Windows 8 with the latest Parallels. It's the most cohesive development experience possible for MMF2.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xhedgehogx View Post
    Parallels is great, but I recommend your Mac has at least 4gb RAM. I actually use a program called Crossover that basically emulates Windows and lets you run Windows apps inside of OS X. If you can get over some of the minor glitches, it works very well. And when I originally tested it, it cannot export flash and HWA doesn't work. But for creating iOS apps, I've had no issues exporting or running within MMF2. I have it installed here, and for those rare occasions where I do actually need HWA or flash, I have it installed in Parallels.
    Here's an (older) video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gtQ02fDyXU

Edit: Here's the link
    http://www.codeweavers.com
    I recommend you try out the trial. Maybe download a trial of MMF2 so you don't waste one of the times you can use the key.
    You can also try using WINE, which is free (and CrossOver is basically just a WINE distribution, albeit much easier to configure).

There's also VirtualBox as a free (much more limited) alternative to Parallels. It's alright if you're not bothered about the OS X/Windows desktop integration.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parallels Desktop for Mac

Great to hear the HWA issue is fixed! I may upgrade my Mac and buy Parallels now. Haven't decided if I want to just add more RAM or save up for a better Mac since this one is getting kinda dated now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, I'm upgrading my Mac soon, just wanted to check how Parallels is running with MMF now? Are we noticing any more problems? I'm probably going to be ordering my new one with double the standard RAM (16GB) and dedicating half of it to Parallels so I can run MMF (at least until the Mac version of 2.5 shows up), I'm just wondering if it's properly workable yet?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sam, to my it works great, I have it always open a space for my iMac i7 3.4 GHZ with 16 GB Ram!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast