User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Scaling for iPhone 5 and iPad - HOW TO DO IT RIGHT

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it works perfectly fine dogen, you can use any frame size and mmf will make it scale using the option specified. That scaling comes after everything else, so in your example it will scale 6 times, but then the entire window will scale down to fit the screen, so it looks the same on new and old devices. But you should follow the tutorial in this thread to make it work on multiple screen formats as well. (4:3 <-> 16:9)

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another question regarding the scaling for Ipad 3 / 4.

If I want to have my game compatible for old devices too, what should I do to don't have issue related to the memory ?

Should I copy all the frames in HD in Low rez with src graphics size divided by 2 in size and detect at the launch of the game the resolution of the device to make the selection of the good frames?

Thanks in advance !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scaling for iPhone 5 and iPad - HOW TO DO IT RIGHT

You don't need to do any of that, the game is stretched to fit the device screen at whatever resolution.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Distant,

However, 3GS supports 1024 size maximum textures and I don't want to display Retina textures on the 3GS because the lack of memory will make crashed my game on this device.
    Finally I'm just searching a solution to detect my resolution of the device to change to the good frames (I will duplicate my graph in HD & SD).

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made my Window Size: 960 x 640 and my frame 1136x768, I positioned the cursor in the center of window position (960x640)
    and added a Start of frame with: Set X Position - X Right Frame - 50

Then I made some a pushbotton on the right side and set the
    Start of Frame: Set X co-ordinate of (my button) to X Right Frame - 50

When I run it on the simulator, then the button is still half of the screen. it didnt adjust to the ipad screen size.
    What am I missing ?

Thank you

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scaling for iPhone 5 and iPad - HOW TO DO IT RIGHT

You need to center the camera. Start of Frame: Center horizontally at X = Frame Width/2, Center vertically at Y = Frame Height/2

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot.. Don't think I've seen that in your tutorial on the 1st page

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, it works perfectly. when I use
    960 x 640 and for the frame 1136x768, it works for the IPhone, IPhone 4, Ipad.
    When I use the Ipad 4/Retina, then I need to scroll op and down, (in the emulator) But I put it on the Ipad Aid, then everything I ok..

Only have to get used to it, that I can't put anything at the top. (need to lower about about 200-250 px), since on the ipad/emulator that appears to be at the top then.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, on the Ipad air, it does Cut off the top section.. Even though I can see it normal in my frame , although when I run it' it get's cut off as well..
    So what makes it so it doesn't get cut off on the left side?

Seems like: Start of Frame: Center horizontally at X = Frame Width/2, Center vertically at Y = Frame Height/2 is causing the problem.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast