User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Multi touch works only in MMF runtime test

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Multi touch works only in MMF runtime test

Hello,

I have a very strange problem with the multitouch in my app. I followed the online examples and created an active for each touch. These actives are invisible and move to the x & y position of the touch in relation to the slot when a new touch occurs. When the touch is released the objects are destroyed. Everything works fine in the MMF simulator, but when I build it and run it on the iOS simulator from my mac and on my iPad, the 2nd touch never responds.

I've included a link to download the mfa file from my dropbox if anyone can take a look at it and help me find my mistake, I would be extremely grateful!

Here's the MFA : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9111205/Orff_iOStest.mfa

Thank you for any help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to enable Multi-touch in your frame properties > iOS (currently set to single touch)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you serious?? Is that all it was? I've been fooling around with this for 2 days, trying different structures to get it to work! ARGH!! I'm creatig the new build as I'm writing this. If it works. can I get the award for being biggest boob on this forum?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IT WORKS! Thank you so much AyreGuitar! Another mystery solved. Very well hidden option, by the way!

Thank you once again

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took me 2 years to figure out the same thing. It is a pretty bad design choice from Clickteam. I don't see why multitouch isn't automatically activated if it is used in the frame. At least we could get a warning when building the app.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Popcorn, I don't feel so bad now

I agree with you in that it should always be set on, since an app won't be affected by it unless it's programmed to (I think). Whatever the reason, I'm glad we have such a helpful community

Thanks again AyreGuitar!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MTCMusic - You're welcome! I've had similar problems, which is why I knew. I guess it's not that easy for ClickTeam to retrofit these iOS features into MMF2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. I am by no means upset at Clickteam. If it weren't for MMFdev, I'd never have developped all the music education programs I have! They're brilliant, but they can't possibly think of everything, although they come damn close Anyways, this button thing is probably mentioned in some documentation that I haven't read. Now I know and this thread will hopefully serve to help others who encountered this obstacle.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The runtime might drain more battery power if the option is ticked (the iOS operating system has to perform more calculations). I'm guessing the drain is negligible compared to most games.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was a recommendation from Apple, to enable Multiple Touch only when you need it. What we can do is set the property to true by default.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast