Old Platformer Graphics?

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • I've been searching for some old graphics, like Chrono Trigger style, except for a side scrolling platformer.

I can't find any, and I'm not entirely sold on hiring an artist...

Not to be rude, I really don't mean to be, but it's just I'm not sure on what a price would be to hire someone. I can't draw for the life of me... I'm sure all of your art is wonderful, but I again, price and such is nesscessary information.

If someone would be willing to volunteer as an artist, we can work out details.

Logan Apple

X Star

Please login to see this link.

• Spriting requires almost no talent, just a lot of time and practise. You should start now that you're young.

Please login to see this link. - Metroidvania RPG (Win/OSX/linux & PS4/Vita/Wii U)

• I will keep practicing, but if I want this done by next year (Which is easily possible) then I need better graphics. Since I'm aiming for an old style, I thought it would be easy! A few pixels here, another few there, but it's not, and I will take time to learn, but for now, I need this done!

Logan Apple

X Star

• MtPaint, very useful!

Nivram, the sprites are very useful, but none of them look anything like what I want... They are very new style, but the ones I need are old.

Thanks for your suggestions, so far.

Logan Apple

X Star

• I made a tree graphic for you that uses the Please login to see this link.. Is that (the NES) old enough, or is it too old? Before I upload it though, I need to know: should I upload it here on the forums, or should I find some way to PM it to you?

My Please login to see this link., my Please login to see this link.. If there are awards for "'highest number of long forum posts", then I'd have probably won at least 1 by now. XD

• Just slightly too old, I was aiming for SNES type, there's not much of a difference but 16 bit area was what I was aiming for, like Chrono Trigger with a Terraria platform base (Just in terms of generation).

Logan Apple

X Star

• This may sound crazy but i have a few minutes to spend here and there. If you can make a very clear description of what you need i could perhaps make a few. but i think no more than 5 of whatever it is. Im no artist but then again i wouldnt mind doing some practice and see if i can get you started. But it completely depends on what you need. e.g. I dont think i could possibly give you chronotiger art. Thats mostly designed by professionals anyway.
    I know when i was younger i looked for artists everywhere but i found hardly anyone would want to commit to a project if theres nothing in it for them Just the fun and name and some privaliges for one could get you a few, but an entire game is probably not gonne happen. Artists spend a lot of time on creating quality work and useualy a game requires quite a bit, so in all fairness it may not be a bad idea to see if you can master the skill of pixelart yourself.

• To answer your questions:

Patrick, that's awesome, I'll PM you with some info! A few sprites would be really nice!

DJFuego, they need to be commercial and royalty free... I'm still learning to draw, but again, royalty and commercial free.

Logan Apple

X Star

• XStar, one of our older users and moderators has already used this idea and he is very upset at the theft of his intellectual property. You need to change your game to be significantly different than his.

For a list of my achievements, hit up Please login to see this link..com/
    Unless you want to party, then go to Please login to see this link.

• Wait what? I'm sorry, I didn't know... Who was it? If he/she wants I can explain my game, I really don't believe that they will be anything alike.

If it really is a problem, then he/she can tell me what I should do...

I am so sorry!!!

Logan Apple

X Star

• It was Snail. He said ages ago that he was going to make a game entirely out of code and artwork made by other people.

For a list of my achievements, hit up Please login to see this link..com/
    Unless you want to party, then go to Please login to see this link.

• Well, I don't plan on using a game made of code by other people, I'm making a game by myself. I'm just having trouble finding old graphics, I think they match the theme I'm going for.

I will take a look at the Pixeljoint thing! (Thanks for the suggestion!)

Logan Apple

X Star

• XStar, one of our older users and moderators has already used this idea and he is very upset at the theft of his intellectual property. You need to change your game to be significantly different than his.

Yeah. I don't really get what you're talking about. I didn't even see any game ideas or IP in the posts... Am I missing something?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!