User Tag List

Thread: XNA Edit box object error code 4

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XNA Edit box object error code 4

Hi,
    When entering unsupported characters into the text box causes a crash with error 4.I'm using standart font(Arial).

Try my game Pablo's fruit on App hub
    Here is the soluce from a tester
    Use "Font.DefaultCharacter" to have the game automatically replace unsupported characters with a chosen char.
    Font.DefaultCharacter = '*'; (for example) will replace any unsupported characters with *.

Where i put this command into Visual studio ?

Thanks..

If don't work.I must remove XNA edit box.(i use it to insert password in my game)

Sloxone

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can replace the characters that aren't supported by the font in VisualStudio. Just open in your game's content the "yourfontname.spritefont" file and go to line #44. Remove the commentary things (<!-- and -->) and the unsupported characters will be replaced by *. You can change it by anything you want (but it must be available in your font or it will crash again!)

This should be automatic, i don't understand why MMF2 create this line as a commentary. It is really needed to make the game works without crashing while using the XNA Edit Box as we can't restrict the use of the special characters.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dobermann

Thanks for your help,work fine.Now I'll stop my game review ,and wait for post it.