I'd like to know the best resolution and settings (MMF, XNA, etc.) for Pixel Art games on the Xbox 360. I've browsed the forum topics and have read a few related threads:
Here's what I understand so far (and this may not all be right - please correct me if I'm wrong):
- Aspect Ratio
- The Xbox 360 aspect ratio automatically changes depending on the type of display:
- SDTV - 4:3
- HDTV - 16:9
- Development should probably be done for HDTVs as most people will have these (including myself)
- The Xbox 360 supports two main resolutions on an HDTV
- 720p (1280x720)
- 1080p (1920x1080)
- Game Resolution
- You can set your MMF2 game to just about any resolution and the Xbox 360 will resize or "zoom" it to fit the screen
- Resizing lower resolution games uses "smooth" scaling - which may cause pixel art to become blurry
Does all of that sound about right?
So, my question again: Since my game is a pixel art game and I'd like to avoid a blurry display - which resolution and settings (MMF, XNA, etc.) should I be using?
The game is currently in the neighborhood of 400x300 but I'm okay with changing that around a little. I can redo the necessary artwork (HUD, etc.) as needed. Here is a screenshot of what I'm trying to accomplish on the Xbox 360:
Thanks a lot for any help you can offer!