User Tag List

Thread: How do you connect to players near you?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How do you connect to players near you?

I'm talking about people who are actually physically nearby, for people who can't affort the internet and only uses free wifi but also live in a apartment which would have a lot of people who uses a computer living nearby. Like you can setup your own sort of like a 'nearby network' like your very own website and anyone who is physically near you who's using the same software can access what you posted in the same app that you're using. I need to know how to do that. I'd like to give people more options on connections. I don't even know where to start on figuring this out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are using free wifi they are on the internet, right?
    I think there is no way you can communicate using wifi with no internet connection, using MMF2.

Even if everyone was on the same LAN, there would be no options, since I don't think there are any ways to communicate through LAN using MMF2. There used to be an extension for earlier versions of MMF that could do this, but as far as I remember it was buggy and I don't think it was even ported to MMF2.

Not really useful for you, but there is an extension called Serial Object. I found that using the ExtensionView program (http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=238968).
    You can use this extension to communicate using the Serial Port of your computer (if it has one). This, though, only works between two computers that is directly connected with a serial cable, and probably useless in your situation.

So, I am afraid there is no extensions made that makes what you want to do possible. Someone please correct me if I am wrong...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like he's talking about using an ad-hoc wifi connection, but yeah, I don't think that's possible.