User Tag List

Thread: Swf to big, help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swf to big, help

Hello developers

I'm making a flash-based karaoke for a client and it's almost done, but I'm having trouble optimizing swf size.

Images
    Okay so the images or backgrounds that I'm using bloats my swf. I'm now trying to use a jpeg inside the binary data function (MMF2dev), but it doesn't work? I save and load cnc arrays with song subtitles the exact same way (making them into sol files). Those text arrays work but not images? Am I doing it wrong? I use the load frame function inside an "active object".

Audio
    About mp3, I have a few songs and they get pretty big since mp3 encoding isn't as efficient sizewise as ogg for eg. I encoded my mp3's down to 80kbps but when I go under that (like 64kbps) MMF2dev starts to shutter or fastforward the song? Can I go around that issue somehow?

Thanks,
    Tompa

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, if your sounds are big, they have to be stored somewhere.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's helpfull francois, thank you.

while we're on the subject, what about mp3 bitrates in MMF flash? the support is down to 32kbps but I can only use 80kbps and more. Below that the sound starts to shutter. I use the original lame encoder with razorlame gui. I have also tried the MMF builtin converter but I had to do something wrong as the swf file didn't change in size even if I lowered kbps. I tried Audacity aswell in lower/higher bitrates with the same outcome (shuttering). I used ABR, VBR and CBR in those programs that allowed it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try streaming your MP3's in separately. Use a CDN if you have to to avoid high bandwidth usage on your server.

I used this technique in my flash game here:
    http://www.soapcow.com/action/actionslip.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting UrbanMonk, can you give me the name of the MMF object or the command you use to stream data?

I searched for CDN, is that like a webhost that is linked to your app? Avoiding usage of my own bandwidth..

ps. Neat game (actionslip)

Thanks,
    Tompa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I used the "Flash MP3" object. I found it on these forums somewhere. It worked great for me! My game went from 25mbs to 1mb.

Yeah a CDN is a file host designed to serve static content, and so it's cheaper than a typical web host.
    Also most use multiple mirror servers to deliver the content quickly depending on where the user is located.

I use RackSpace for my file hosting and they're very fast and very cheap. I highly recommend.

Glad you enjoyed the game! Thanks!

-Jacob