User Tag List

Thread: iOS Store Object - Request Information crashes app if change frame before response

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iOS Store Object - Request Information crashes app if change frame before response

Trying to add In-App Purchase to one of my apps and it's crashing my app if I don't wait for a response from App Store after requesting information on an IAP before switching to a new frame. Does the iOS Store object have to exist on other frames just in case?
    I don't want to make the player wait for the prices and descriptions to load if they want to play an existing level.
    Running MMF2 Build 256.12 (iOS Exporter Beta 1) and XCode 4.3.3 on iPod touch 2G (iOS 4.2.1) Non-Consumable purchase (in case it makes a difference)

Perhaps I should have a Buy button that does the request (rather than at start of frame) and prevents the player leaving that frame until I receive a response? Then fill in the price and description and have the user hit the buy button again?
    Does anybody use the IAP Description from the App Store or just the Product Name & Formatted Price?

Thanks in advance!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your report.
    I see where this can happen now, thanks for pointing out that it happened when switching frames. The request still lingered after the extension object was destroyed. When the response finally went through it tried to send a message back to the then destroyed iOS object (which caused the crash).
    I now keep track of all started requests and cancel them if the iOS Store object gets destroyed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andos - Great stuff! looking forward to the next Beta...