User Tag List

Thread: Launch new app for free or go from paid to free?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Launch new app for free or go from paid to free?

Here I sit with a finished app and don't know how to proceed. It was supposed to be free, offering additional levelpacks with IAP.

Will I reach more users by launching as a paid app and switch to free + IAP later? After searching the web I'm still insecure what will be best to maximize distribution. For some people it had nearly no impact and some say it rocks. I'm one of these "no effect" guys, tried it with my Halloween game a week after release. DistantJ told me it should have been a paid app for some more weeks to get the interest of all those freebie blogs.

What's your experience? If you went paid to free successfully, how long did you wait before switching?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah ive read from multiple source to go from paid to free.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The freebie blogs are a great source of free advertising, but you do run the risk of annoying the paying customers (depends how many of them there are). Cow Boom got over 4000 downloads in a few days with no advertising required thanks to going from paid to free, I'd have had to pay for marketing to get that many downloads if it hadn't done the transition...