User Tag List

Thread: Is it me or are android Apps rather large? AGB issues too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Is it me or are android Apps rather large? AGB issues too.

OK the graphics on my app are very simple. Six 200X200 tiles and two 90X90 Not hugely complex in graphical nature either.
    Now I have compressed my own images in jpg 80% (acceptable quality loss) and each tile is no more than 3k. What I want to know is if I manually optimise the colours in my paint app down to about 16 colours then import the images back into my game will MMF2 do a better job at compressing the images?
    My app is well over a meg and it's a simple Naughts and crosses game.
    If the image algorithm for the Android exporter does better than my attempts then please accept my apologies.
    I understand that mmf packages it's runtime dlls in the apk. Is this really what is taking up the space?
    I did notice that the joystick images are copied into the apk even though I said "none"

The agb object doesn't seem to be playing properly either Build and see for your self.
    ntnx.mfa

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you build a blank application and look at the APK, you'll find the size of the runtime. Image compression is the same as iOS, so I doubt it's a problem with that.