[Paid Request] Windows Shortcut (*.LNK) Extension

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Hi all,

I'm just testing the waters here to see how much someone would charge to develop a very straightforward extension for me. I haven't the time to work on it myself, and I suspect you guys would probably build it quicker than me anyway.

I need to be able to create, edit and retrieve data from windows shortcuts, specifying at least the following:
    - Filename of shortcut
    - Target file
    - Icon file
    - Icon number
    - Comment
    - Date Modified

Sphax' File-Folder Object can create them, but not edit existing ones or retrieve their content.

I'm trying to make a bespoke windows app to let me create 'post-it-notes' in my file folders. I know things like that exist, but none work *exactly* the way I'd like them to (you know the feeling, right?).

So yeah, let me know what you'd charge to do it. I'm happy to release the extension to the wider community once it's done.

- Chris

• Sleeping is always optional for coders! (went to bed with 4 hrs sleep yesterday night after spending 2-3 hours walking home since some muppet got on the railway track making the whole line of trains stop)

Darkwire Software Lead Programmer (C++ & C#)
    Please login to see this link. | Please login to see this link. | Please login to see this link. | Please login to see this link.

• Sorry to revive this old post, but would you consider releasing this to the pubic, Dines? I need to retrieve the Target of a shortcut file and can't find any way to do so!

Please login to see this link.
    Please login to see this link.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!