User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [RC3] Bugs Report

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation [RC3] Bugs Report

Until now, I've got none, already works perfectly the Joystick, the sound already makes the loop correctly, and all other bugs that had been reported missing. Good work James, François and all equipment.

Now I only make a request, I think that in some post James told me that he was going to do after he left the final version of the Exporter, which I imagine that it must be within a few days, it is possible to play back MP4 video in our games.

Also and I can imagine that for you it is a potential market, integration of the SDK of OUYA, which comes out in December for the developers, I think that this machine will be a good market for our apps and taking advantage of coming out in March 2013, seems to me excellent that the Exporter had support for the console for the release dateso we could even be among the first to be in the catalog launch. Do think this point?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here I report the first bug that I found in the RC3 and not appeared in previous versions, my Great Mazinger game runs both on a GSIII in GSII, the game is in 1280 * 720 and uses the function stretch to fill, which look perfect on phones with the same aspect ratio. I put some pictures so that you can appreciate the problem, what is impressive is that static screens if it works but in the game which makes scrolling does not work and one part eaten horizontally.

Galaxy SII

Galaxy SIII

Thanks for your response!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will James, what of the RC3 debugger have something to do with this bug?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji_Kabuto View Post
    Here I report the first bug that I found in the RC3 and not appeared in previous versions, my Great Mazinger game runs both on a GSIII in GSII, the game is in 1280 * 720 and uses the function stretch to fill, which look perfect on phones with the same aspect ratio. I put some pictures so that you can appreciate the problem, what is impressive is that static screens if it works but in the game which makes scrolling does not work and one part eaten horizontally.
    James have any comments about this?

Thanks for your response,

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can be solved easily

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiko View Post
    Can be solved easily
    ...care to elaborate?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiko View Post
    Can be solved easily
    I understand that it is a bug, other users have already reported it. If you know the solution to the bug you can share it here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bug with the offset screen when the frame is big than the display of the device.
    You have this problem when you defines a frame Width*Height in RC3 exporter, in all device with the real width that is lower to the Frame Width defined in your app, all sprites are hidden when cross the real width (proportional offset to defined frame). And the same with the Height.
    Well, if you defines a frame 800x480 all sprites work fine in any devices with the same dimensions or more:
    800x480
    854x480
    1024x600
    1280x768
    1536x1152
    1920x1152
    1920x1200
    2048x1536
    2560x1536
    2560x1600

But, in the devices with the display lower than 800x480 the sprites are hidden when cross the proportional offset screen.
    For example: your frame is defined to 800x480, and the device display have 480x320 px, when a sprite cross the width display x>=480 will hidden.

The solution is define the frame with the lowest resolution (320x240) and the Display mode defined at "Stretch to fill", now all sprites work fine.
    This is a good solution for some apps like puzzle and others with static sprites.
    But there are a new problem in some apps, with a lower frame the sprites movements may be abrupt on large screens, because this movements are proportional.
    The solution is create 2 versions:
    One for tablets with the frame defined at 800x480, that support correctly all tablet displays.
    Other version for smartphons, with the frame defined at 320x240 that support correctly all smart displays:
    320x240
    400x240
    432x240
    480x320
    640x480
    800x480
    854x480
    960x640
    1024x600

Of course you will not have this problem in iOs because you defines the frame at 1024x768 for ipad,ipadmini & retina, and 640x480 for iphone,iphone retina & iphone 5.

I've published the latest game done with this method:
    War Planes (for Tablets version) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gameswarplanes
    War Planes (for Smart Phones version) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rplanes_smarts

The code and graphics for both apps are exactly the same.
    But you need decompile the apk, change the AndroidManifest.xml with the correct support display definitions for every version, recompile and resign.

Seems very complicated, but it isn't so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kiko thanks for the explanation, but in the end is a bug that James should be resolved and I imagine that it is doing, annoying is that with so many resolutions on the Android ecosystem we are awaiting this. This also worked perfectly in the RC2. My app worked perfectly in a Samsung Galaxy S2 and a Samsung Galaxy S3. The app native resolution is 1280 * 720 and towards the downscale perfectly in the S2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, i know that is a bug, but RC2 have other bugs, and like me, if you need to publish urgently an app is a solution.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast