User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: MMF2 Build 256.34

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I d like to make a request for the new patch, if you could give the option to set the volume for all channels in a single action. Its a bit time consuming to set each channel volume individually.

And a question. Would the alterable value by index in swf be fixed in the next patch?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just use a fastloop?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, thats true, i could use a fastloop. But there is another problem with the sound object, if you set all channels to 0 volume, and play a sound using the play sample action, it will play at 100 volume... it immposible to reserve channels for sound, music, vocals and adjust the volume for them separately, unless all actions to play sound are played using the specific channel action...

But im more interested about the values and strings by ID not working in swf actually...

Here example of it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14962632/Public1/StringSWF.mfa

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm encountering a new issue with MMF2 itself (not the built applications) and I suspect it's from a recent update.

The game I'm developing uses a full-screen display mode with subapplications. After speaking with developers on this site, I found the only way to get this to work was with the /DDRAW and /NOVR runtime options. Otherwise, the subapplications don't display.

Now with these options enabled, when I run and then close my application , MMF2 is left in a sort of hung mode where it thinks the game is still running. Including a screenshot:
    hang.jpg

(http://i.imgur.com/UMznlXq.jpg)

Clicking the black "stop" square doesn't do anything, MMF hangs, CPU usage gets pegged to 25% and I have to force quit.

Taking /DDRAW out of the runtime options fixes this, but then breaks the appearance of subapplications in the game.

The game itself seems to work fine, it's just MMF that is giving me a problem. I tried uninstalling my antivirus (Avast) but that did not fix it.

Any ideas?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhunter View Post
    Yes, thats true, i could use a fastloop. But there is another problem with the sound object, if you set all channels to 0 volume, and play a sound using the play sample action, it will play at 100 volume... it immposible to reserve channels for sound, music, vocals and adjust the volume for them separately, unless all actions to play sound are played using the specific channel action...
    You should never use "play sample" if you intend to change its volume, not even together with "set sample volume". The volume change isn't instant, but it takes at least length of the audio buffer (normally 10 milliseconds, can be longer) so you will easily get unwanted artifacts. Unless you're playing a sound with the default volume/pan/frequency setting, you always have to use "Play sample on channel" and program your own voice allocation.

In other words, use the fastloop solution. You'll need to always use "play sample on channel" either way.

I've made this evented wrapper around MMF2's sound playback system that deals with all this perfectly, and gives you much better and flexible control over everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats some very advanced sound control Nifflas. And yet I dont have much issue with sound, i do ussually play on specific channel... but i was working on another project that had all sounds set using "play sample". And after some thinking it come to me that most people would prefer that you can control the volume of those sounds without having to use specific channel action, since as far as i figure out the play sample action should automaticly assign itself to one of the channels anyway if they are not locked...

But then again im not interested in getting that fixed at all, as i have already stated i am pretty much only interested in the alterable values by id in flash being fixed, or atleast if they r going to be fixed anytime soon? So i know if I have to recode or not...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhunter View Post
    Would the alterable value by index in swf be fixed in the next patch?
    What is this issue exactly? Is it reported somewhere? I'm currently using Alterable Value by Index in a Flash project, and it is working as it should. I'm using build 256.34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here example of it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14962632/Public1/StringSWF.mfa

EDIT: using build 256.34

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah I see, thank you for the example. The problem is setting an Alterable String by Index, not an Alterable Value by Index. Nice find, if you haven't already I suggest you to post a specific thread about this bug (preferably in Owner's Lounge: SWF Exporter).

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have narrowed down my problem to the Direct X display mode. If I disable it, it quits fine. If I enable it, it hangs on quit.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast