User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: [bug/problem] german text INI (ASCII/UTF8)

  1. #1
    Clicker

    Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro
    StingRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,052
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation [bug/problem] german text INI (ASCII/UTF8)

    Hi!

    I'm doing a pizza delivery app and store the data in an ini-file.
    First i tried the 'normal' mmf2dev ios version. every special characters looks strange. (wrong encoding)

    then i switched to unicode, now every .ini that is in data binary works fine.

    but now i do the following:
    if the user chooses a food, i read from the ini and write it to another one (shopping_cart.ini)

    if i now display this live-time written ini into an active box object (neccessary because of positioning)
    or even an ios-edit box, it looks like ASCII and not UTF8 encoded.

    how can i make this work?

    thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Clicker

    Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro
    StingRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,052
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ini looks like this:


    [produkt10]
    Name=Antonio
    Descr=Tomaten, Kse, Schinken, Speck, Salami, Champignons, Mais, Paprika, Zwiebel, Pfefferoni
    PreisA=9,90


    btw: every time the new INI get's edited, it gets more weird!

    First the "" is just "A~",
    but if i add some more lines to the ini it gets something like: "A~fAE'A~,Cdfdffcv..............."

  3. #3
    Clicker

    Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro
    StingRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,052
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i've tried all variations now.

    i also tried to save the ini-files as utf8 format with notepad++ (if i do, mmf can't read the ini anymore, even if i check UTF8 in the properties of the ini)

    if i save to UTF8 without BOM, MMF2 unicode can read and write fine on PC, but it mess up my ios-version totally (even reading the predefined ini's dont work correct anymore)

    i'm really lost here

  4. #4
    Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Montpellier, France
    Posts
    6,920
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll discuss about that with Andos and come back to you.

  5. #5
    Clickteam Clickteam
    Anders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denmark, rhus
    Posts
    3,456
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm getting closer to a fix. There are lots of variations to test to make sure it works with all combinations of versions, encodings and even extensions.

Similar Threads

  1. Ini object won't save the UTF8 format
    By ASD in forum Unicode Export Module Version 2.0
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd April 2013, 07:45 PM
  2. Problem with German Fonts
    By Hristos in forum Install Creator and Patch Maker
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th August 2010, 10:44 AM
  3. German users
    By Francois in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th February 2010, 02:43 PM
  4. Retrieve data of text file ASCII
    By juanjo in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22nd April 2008, 03:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •