User Tag List

Thread: How to efficiently change the RGB coefficient or opacity for an entire layer?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to efficiently change the RGB coefficient or opacity for an entire layer?

Hi

I'm working on a new game, and I'm facing some technical problems to workaround. The entire game takes place in a 20000x10000 frame, and the basis of the game is that it has a day-cycle with three different states, day, dusk, night. Now, You are free to explore the entire environment at all times, and the changes occur during 30 seconds cycles, and during these cycles the environment has to change accordingly as well, meaning that all the graphics are to fade to a darker shade in the dusk, and then turn into black silhouettes at night. For example, I have the three different sky-backgrounds set to not scroll, and as active objects simply fading between opacities. My problem lies in how to change the colour of all the foreground graphics. For objects you interact with, as they are kinda small, I think that having them as active objects and changing the RGB coefficient at runtime will do the trick fine, but what should I do with the massive amount of environment I want to change as well? Having everything as active objects would seem like it would a; slow down the app something awful, and b; fill up the maximum number of active objects allowed. The optimal thing would have been to change to the opacity of RGB coefficient for an entire layer, but alas, the iOS exporter does not allow that.

So basically, does anyone have any ideas on how I should go about this endeavour?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try a small stretched active (with transp) that fills the entire frame window.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm planning support for layer-wise RGB coefficients for a future release so that it works the same as the PC HWA runtime.
    I can't give an ETA on it yet sorry.