User Tag List

Thread: Shooting blocks and change or upgrade your weapon system !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shooting blocks and change or upgrade your weapon system !

Hello to all again I am making a very good Turrican game as i said before and i am searching everything and anything for help . I made a very good progress but i stuck somewhere and is a bit frustrating i believe ...
    On Turrican games or [Turrican iclick : abandoned project] when you shoot somewhere an invisable block appears then shooting it number of times generating random icon weapons like lasers bounce flame throwers and the stuff and after many times of shooting it explodes . Then you choose what icons want and when Turrican collide with the selected icon he upgrade or changing his weapon system ! Any idea or an existing example or examples , links that are similar to this weapon changing/upgrade technology for MMF 2 ? It will much appreciated of course !!! I have already design 5 weapons , grappling hook and many other very good stuff on my engines but this part is a bit confusing to me !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any help please !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    17 hours now and no help from none !!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have the "Weapon Block" have a variable that controls which weapon type it is on. Every time its hit add 1 to that variable. Depending on what number the variable is on set the players weapon to that when they collide.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a little example for you. I've played Turrican 2 alot, so I think I have a good idea of what you're asking.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    Here's a little example for you. I've played Turrican 2 a lot, so I think I have a good idea of what you're asking.
    My friend Popcorn you are a diamond among diamonds like sumo !!!! Turrican 2 and super Turrrican 2 were the best by the way :P !!!!!! I want to make this Turrican not only for a tribute to them but for a refresh ... a whole new game with grapple new weapons and even new vehicles , weather effects and a lots more ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to ask you something else please :

My first question is : Many blocks must be hidden and when you shoot 1 time to them then appears how can i achieve that ?

My second is : When i loose a life the weapon degrease by 1 level or when i take one more of the same icon increases by 1 level [4 max] . [ 1st level : shooting 1 raw,2nd level : shootings 3 raw like yours , 3rd level : shootings 5 raw ....

And lastly : i must add also something else...when Turrican hit the visible block from bottom to top with his head like Mario [collision with the block] block behaves the same as when you shooting .... any ideas also to this ?

I am asking generally a very complex matter i believe and sorry for that ... but if you know and want help me ... your name to the credits as well from now on when the game is ready but only when it will be good and a little more than any existing Turrican game . it must be feel like a better authentic Turrican !!!! Thank you so much both of you popcorn and sumo for your help is a treasure for me at least !!!!!!

Your help is precious !!!!!! what's your real name by the way ???

UPDATE 2 : Your example is awesome but i have 2 problems so far and hurts a lot :P : The 1st : Power ups left off the screen that's easy to girure out and second : The weapon system is slightly different than summo's ....can you find the problem ? i believe that 2 mixing and the weapons then are useless ... thank you so very very much !! I am new to the scenery so any help of yours or summo's are a treasure for me

Take my .testing .mfa to look what i mean :

with z fires 1 shot and is not compatible when takes your weapon system upgrades
    with x fires 32 directions surround beam [ successfully stand still by me and the rest of the credits to sumo !!! ]
    with shift jumps ...this is only a test graphics and animations i am interesting in Turrican engine firstly ... i will send you my grappling hook complete engine sooner or later it is almost ready !!!
    Attached files Attached files