User Tag List

Thread: maximum event? / maximum d'événement

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb maximum event? / maximum d'événement

[ENG]

hi I was wondering. in MMF how many events can I write before it becomes heavy?

I started in my big project and I am already at 100 event and I'm only at 25% of my project.

thx

-------------

[FR]

Salut je me demandais, dans MMF, quelle est la limite des événements que je peut écrire avant que sa devienne lourd?

j'ai commencé mon gros projet et je suis déja a 100 événements! et je suis seulement a 25% de mon projet.

merci

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20,000 events per frame is the limit.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could get up to several thousand events and not have a problem. What would become the issue is how optimised the code is. I've heard some people say they've had frames with 8000-9000 events, but obviously most of them aren't active at the same time. 100 events for 25% of your game sounds like nothing to worry about

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Performance has little to do with the number of events (or memory usage, which people also get way too hung up on), and anyway, 100 events is nothing.
    Things that reduce performance are fastloops (having one event that runs a fastloop 100 times, is just as bad as having 100 separate events), collision-detection, displaying graphics (in non-HWA builds), etc...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I hit 1,800 events in my latest project while still adding loads of feature to the engine, and it suddenly ground to a halt.

Deleted the latest 200 events I put in for one of the options and it returned to normal speed - was just badly coded.

I'm sure you could make a game with 50 events coded so badly it would experience slow-down, and vice-versa - a game with 10,000 events that works nice and fast.

I've been using Click products since my first box of KNP, and yet I recently went through loads of optimisation/tip threads and tutorials and learnt loads of great information such as where to place certain conditions in your code, etc, etc really worth doing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woow! :P haha I can keep the head quiet now! thank you very much! :P

I estimate that my software will have at least 1000 events. it works online with a database communicates directly on my server!.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm marv, are you 100% sure on that 20,000 events/frame limit? Just looking for confirmation, its what I've heard before
    This is actually somewhat of a concern to me, since I have 9500 events in my engine right now, but I doubt I'll exceed 12000 or so with the full project.
    I've asked around before and never exactly gotten definitive answers, would comments and groups count towards this limit? (and whats the limit on groups, I've lost my link to the manual, I know it was in there). I think I recall yves saying that comments actually aren't removed during compilation for some reason or another, I've never been too sure.
    Since of those 9500 events, probably 1000+ are comments/groups, so I'm hoping I don't wind up deleting them at some point
    Heck I asked so many times I think I forgot if I even got the answer

Anyway if its any help to the OP, my project runs smooth and quick as a whistle at 9500 events, using heavy optimization. I think you can only view 8000 events in the editor at a time, but clearly can have more.

/e actually I tried opening all groups in my event editor and it displays all 9500 lines just fine, well, I know you can't *print* them via the event list editor, last time I tried that, it screwed up mmf2 pretty bad. But that reminds me of the story of the man who goes to the doctor telling him it hurts when he does *this* with his arm.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But don't forget, the number of events isn't necessarily directly proportional to a good project Sevennemesis

They have competitions in which you make a game using 20 events or less, and lots of the work that comes from those is superb.

The less you can get away with using is much better in my opinion, as you've probably coded it more efficiently, and therefore better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been good at making the code clean and well thought out! I'm a perfectionist and minimalist.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelthief View Post
    hmm marv, are you 100% sure on that 20,000 events/frame limit? Just looking for confirmation, its what I've heard before
    This is actually somewhat of a concern to me, since I have 9500 events in my engine right now, but I doubt I'll exceed 12000 or so with the full project.
    I've asked around before and never exactly gotten definitive answers, would comments and groups count towards this limit? (and whats the limit on groups, I've lost my link to the manual, I know it was in there). I think I recall yves saying that comments actually aren't removed during compilation for some reason or another, I've never been too sure.
    Since of those 9500 events, probably 1000+ are comments/groups, so I'm hoping I don't wind up deleting them at some point
    Heck I asked so many times I think I forgot if I even got the answer

Anyway if its any help to the OP, my project runs smooth and quick as a whistle at 9500 events, using heavy optimization. I think you can only view 8000 events in the editor at a time, but clearly can have more.

/e actually I tried opening all groups in my event editor and it displays all 9500 lines just fine, well, I know you can't *print* them via the event list editor, last time I tried that, it screwed up mmf2 pretty bad. But that reminds me of the story of the man who goes to the doctor telling him it hurts when he does *this* with his arm.
    Yes, according to the last forum discussions. I have changed this number at least 50 times in the last 12 years.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm