User Tag List

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Tiled Map Loader

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really cool extension, congrats on that one. Any chances of closer integration with TileMap object so it can bind to a TileMap object and feed data directly into its structures (in other words no need to load tilesets/tiles directly unless you're aiming for a specific effect)?

So things like this:

won't be necessary.

Again, these conditions and events should remain as an option when you're going for a specific effect or not using tile map extension, but basic setup should be as simple as:

- Bind Tiled Loader to Tile Map
    - Load map (map name) into tilemap object.

No idea how hard it would be to implement and probably would need a bit of cooperation with Looki regarding how to access Tile Map extension internal structures, but I think it'd be worth it for the sake of ease of use.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think that's possible right now, but I could expose an API for extensions to be able to do this for the next version (sadly it will probably be a while before I get to that)

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there's always "memory editor" way if there's a way to check where TileMap's memory start and you give proper offsets

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @RootKernel - is there a way to get info about Tiled objects so I can spawn enemies by nothing more than Tiled objects (and some magic in CF that would do the spawning)? Also how would I check the collision with Tiled object (rectangle)?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @RootKernel Could you add support for other property types than just strings? Tiled supports bools, ints and colors as well. It would be nice if you could support these (colors would be converted to Clickteam's internal color format so you can use them with things like set frame background color or replacergb and bools would be treated as their numerical values, 0 for false and 1 for true).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, there is a problem: The extension doesn't read multiline string properties correctly, giving an empty string instead. The XML for multiline strings is this:

Code:
    <property name="laugher">hahaha
    hahahaha
    hahahahaha</property>

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    @RootKernel - is there a way to get info about Tiled objects so I can spawn enemies by nothing more than Tiled objects (and some magic in CF that would do the spawning)? Also how would I check the collision with Tiled object (rectangle)?
    You can use the extension Create by Name with the expression get object name:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6b6de75c6406e55ba7346d1c0e9c992f.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	24398

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using ultimate fullscreen that doesn't allow for changing the frame size at runtime. I know all my levels will be the same size, is there a way of hard coding this in? Forcing the screen size any other way makes it incredibly slow.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any ideas what's going on with loading collisions? I've duplicated the layers exactly on my own tile map and the exaample.tmx works perfectly. But once I've loaded my own map (with all the layers duplicated and the collisions on layer 7) and just change the tile sizes to 32x32, the collisions are totally broken. All the tiles load fine and show up properly, except the collisions. Is the collision data forced to 16x16 or something?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast