User Tag List

Thread: Icon changing, extremely irretating

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon changing, extremely irretating

So I have started to try to be more organized in my project, and one part of this is doing different icons for different sort of items. I now insert different colored borders in all icons so it is more easy to see them in the event editor. For example a blue border for the player items and red borders for the enemies. But the problem is that there is only two options as far as I know how mmf handles icons. One is that it automatically updates your icon as soon as you make any changes to the sprite. To other one is that it never updates. Both are bad if you want to edit your icons. Is it possible to make it so that the first time you edit the sprite of a new item it updates it, but never after that? As it is now I have to manually draw an icon when I just want to add a border to the icon that is autogenerated without having to go into preferances to toggle this options every time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can manually change an object's icon without changing an object's appearance. Under the object's properties, go to the help tab (the one with a light yellow square and a question mark). There is an option there to edit an object's icon.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    You can manually change an object's icon without changing an object's appearance. Under the object's properties, go to the help tab (the one with a light yellow square and a question mark). There is an option there to edit an object's icon.
    I know. The problem is that if you change the actual objects appearance (sprite) after you have manually changed its icon it will reset the icon you have created

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really see what you are expecting. I don't think the option you requested wouldn't be used by very many people, which means it would probably be a waste of time for Clickteam to implement for the most part. Maybe making it bring up a dialogue box asking you if you want MMF2 to update the object's icon after editing an object's graphic (as a new option) would be a better solution.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    I don't really see what you are expecting. I don't think the option you requested wouldn't be used by very many people, which means it would probably be a waste of time for Clickteam to implement for the most part. Maybe making it bring up a dialogue box asking you if you want MMF2 to update the object's icon after editing an object's graphic (as a new option) would be a better solution.
    I actually learned this from other users (ProdigyX and Nifflas). Everything that can make it easier to navigate the event editor when you have a big project is good. Color coding icons are extremely useful. They way it is now is totally ilogical. The icon should update as normal when you edit the sprite, as long as you have not manually gone in and done it yourself. If you have actually edited the icon yourself it should not be overwritten later if you edit the sprite. The way it is now is very frustrating and just messes with trying to keep some order.

Here is a screen of my project with color coded icons: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-24_102554.png

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with you, Outcast. I didn't realize it was the editing of the sprites that caused my icons to update, and this has been maddening. I really like the technique for colorized outer boxes to differentiate, and will add that to my bag of tricks. A dialog box or preference setting for updating an icon would be a great enhancement.