User Tag List

Thread: xcode 4.5.2 update

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xcode 4.5.2 update

has anyone had any issues with Xcode 4.5.2? I'm always hesitant to update xcode and itunes and even OS X (haven't yet gone to 10.8.2) because i am concerned there could be issues.

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have updated a game using Xcode 4.5.2 and didn't encountered any problems. With the update I have noticed in "Build Settings" that the Architectures have changed to "armv7 armv7s", there's no support for "armv6" anymore. From what I understand, the update will allow you to support newer iOS versions, but no longer the older ones. For more detailed info, see Apple's release notes for Xcode: http://developer.apple.com/library/i...de/_index.html

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always update when it comes to iOS. Apple doesnt really work like M$, I dont think there is such a thing as an 'optional' update when it comes to XCode & iOS.

The days of being able to lock down a dev environment and stick with it seem to be gone.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Olivier... I'm not worried about armv6 so yeah, i'll go ahead and update.

arsdigita, i hear that... its more a concern of incompatibility with MMF2/IOS exporter and the latest xcode/ios versions, so i usually hold off a while before updating.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4.5.2 seems to work OK.
    I had to upgrade, I could not renew developer certificates and provisioning without a recent XCode version.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did run into problems where I couldn't get the ipa file to run on devices using pre-iOS 6.0. My solution was to install a previous xcode and suddenly everything worked again. But now I have no iphone5 simulator for testing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mobichan, I've got the latest version and I'm able to test on a 4.(3?) device. It's a 3GS.
    I did have to change the version number in xCode though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I did all the adjustments in xcode, but my publisher claimed he couldn't run my app on a whole slew of devices that weren't iOS6.0 I have since rolled back to the last xcode that supported armv6 (4.4.1). The only downside is I have no iphone5 simulator now. :9

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I updated about a week back and my game has no problems with the current iOS release for what I can see.