User Tag List

Thread: RevMob Ads

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RevMob Ads

I managed to get RevMob working on my upcoming app (displaying a fullscreen ad at the start of the app), and since the eCPMs are meant to be really good, I thought I'd post how I integrated it.

Pre-requisites

Tutorial
    • Unzip the SDK and open your Xcode project.
    • We need to add two frameworks to the project to get this working: the RevMobAds framework and the StoreKit framework.

1. Drag the folder called RevMobAds.framework into your Xcode project (drag it to where it says Application in this image).
    2. A dialogue should appear in Xcode. Make sure the Destination checkbox is ticked, Create groups for any added folders option is selected, and that your app is selected in the Add to targets list (all of these are selected by default). Then just press finish. RevMobAds.framework should appear right above the Classes folder in the sidebar.
    3. Select your application in the sidebar, and then go to Build Phrases. Expand the Link Binary to Libraries box, and click on the + button. Another dialogue box will appear. Select StoreKit.framework and press Add to add it.

• Next, we need to add a few lines of code. Expand the Classes folder in the sidebar, and select the RuntimeIPhoneAppDelegate.m file.

1. You should notice a whole bunch of #import code lines. Add these two lines below those imports:
    Code:
    //RevMob: Imports
    #import <RevMobAds/RevMobAds.h>
    #import <StoreKit/StoreKit.h>
    2. Find (Command + F) the line that has didFinishLaunchingWithOptions in it. Below that line is a { symbol. Add this code on the line after that:
    Code:
    //RevMob: Start Session
    [RevMobAds startSessionWithAppID:@"yourAppID"];
    3. Now find the line that has (void)applicationDidBecomeActive in it. Again, below that line is a { symbol. Add this code on the line after that:
    Code:
    //RevMob: Display Ad
    [[RevMobAds session] showFullscreen];

This is what worked for me. You can test this even if your app is not on the App Store - it will display a test ad at the start of the app. I don't think I've missed anything, but if I have, feel free to correct me.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Game_Master!

I was just thinking about RevMob, as a friend uses it (non-MMF programmer) and it has done well for him.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the detailed instructions. Looks pretty much the same than the integration steps for ChartBoost.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. If someone were to make an extension for RevMob (depending on any RevMob success stories we hear on these forums), it would mean we could implement ads anywhere in our game, and could have multiple types of ads (RevMob do five types of ad: banner, fullscreen, link, popup and notification).

If RevMob is a good source of income for me once I get my app up and running, I'd be willing to pay for the extension.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one appears to be pay-per-install only, not pay per impressions like ChartBoost, but if it earns good results (or somebody offers to pay me for the time taken, lol), I'll make the extension So keep us informed!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How much would it cost for you to make the extension?

Clicker iOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did everything in this tutorial but no ad would pop up during the start of the game. do you know what the problem could be?