User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Able to randomly make a character move towards player one?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Able to randomly make a character move towards player one?

I am creating a game with the characters going back and forth on a straight path. At a random point, I would like them to start going towards player 1 who is at the bottom of the screen. Is this possible? I have played with paths and different movements and haven't found a solution.

Side question, player 1 moves back and forth to walls on each side next to the screens edge. If I keep going right while next to the right wall, it slowly moves the character up. If I do this on the left side, the character moves down. I want to keep player 1 staying on a straight line path.

Thanks,

Corey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did figure out the second issue with player one moving up and down slowly. Still need help with the first one if anybody has some ideas.

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not quite sure what the situation you're describing is, but here are 2 tips which might help you out.

Do you know how to generate random numbers? If so give your enemies random alterable values and have an event that subtracts 1 from those alterable values every second. Once the alterable value of each object reaches 0, have the character start moving towards the player.

To have a character run directly towards the player simply have an event that has the character always facing towards player 1 and give the character some kind of built in movement (bouncing ball, 8 directions, etc.) with a speed greater than 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. An example I can think of that most people should know is Galaxian. When the aliens come down from their row, they start falling and head towards the player 1 ship. I will see if I can come up with something with the above help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's always "X chances out of Y at random". Have something like Every 0:03:00 + 1 chance out of 6 at random + Pick one of enemy: Change movement

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^That would work just as well, if not better.

Let us know if you still have any other questions and I'll do what I can to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works pretty well. I can't figure out yet how to get the enemy to go towards player one when dropping though.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can use the multiple movements to change the movement to vector, then use the clickteam movement controller object to set the gravity towards player 1 in the event editor. Let me know if there is anything else.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's that, or a bouncing ball movement made to look in the direction of the player, or for something more smooth, use the bouncing ball movement and rotate the enemy towards the player with the direction calculator object.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't want to use built-in movements, you can use the Advanced Direction extension which I believe works on IOS too. You get more control of the how the object moves toward the player.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast