User Tag List

Thread: Change Resolution Mode

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Change Resolution Mode

In some cases for a professional game it's required to provide different screen resolutions.
    Am I seeing right that MMF even in the year 2013 still isn't able to change the screen resolution to another than the initial one?
    Currently you cannot make an option for the user to choose the screen resolution at the user's wish.

Lets imagine you're creating a game in 1920x1080 for current HD resolutions. With the two actions set width/height of Frame window from the Window Control object it's possible to change the size of the "render window" (?). But even if you change the size of the window to a valid screen resolution supported by the current graphics card the resolution will be changed to the one set in the application properties.

That's really restricting. I think at least MMF 2 Dev should be able to do that.

Possible solutions

Let's think about a solution, maybe you have any idea.
    I can imagine only one workaround. You create your game in the full resolution e.g. 1920x1080 and check Change Resolution Mode. On screens smaller than this initial resolution this option will be ignored and your game still will be displayed in Windowed Mode. Now you can change the size of the Frame window with the Window Control object to cover the full screen. But I think this workaround has disadvantages in performance because it is still not a Fullscreen Mode.

But this is not really a solution... I can't imagine that it would be a big deal to implement an action to change the screen resolution free at the users wish.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well another solution is to use ultimate fullscreen extension. But it does pretty much the same thing as the window control.

And i completely agree, there should be a way to change resolution.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I have the same problem !

If a solution is available (not "ultimate full screen") but with the possibility of having a list of resolution. Not full screen (with mmf2) or the "ultimate full screen".

Infact, the problem with "ultimate full screen" is that when I go to full screen windows via this extension, it cuts the screen or the other proposed modes (with extension), I lose a lot of quality. almost the game is 1920*1080 ...

Flechenoir.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems the Ultimate Fullscreen object is the only "solution" but can it really be that hard to implement an adequate function inside MMF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a look at the example file of the "Ultimate Fullscreen" object ...

I didn't know that this object doesn't change the screen resolution at all!
    It just resizes the application window to different sizes but it doesn't touch the resolution.
    Now I understand, Skyhunter ...