Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: need a good boomerang that hit the spot i click the mouse at

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need a good boomerang that hit the spot i click the mouse at

hello guys, can anyone help i need my player to fire a boomerang style bullet, all i can work out on my own is to launch in the direction of mouse witch misses the place where the mouse is and when i tried the create and move stuff i get prity much the same results, i need it to fire the bullet to the exact point i clicked the mouse at then when it hits that point return to the player can anyone help wish i didnt have to ask but im realy new to this and not understanding alot

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Create a clickteam movement controller object and set the boomerang's movement to vector. Instead of launching the object, say:

upon clicking(or pressing space bar or whatever)
    - create boomerang at 0, 0 from player;
    - clckteam movement controller: set object to boomerang
    (under vector) set gravity strength to 800
    set gravity towards point (retreive data from an object) x coordinate of mouse, y of mouse
    mouse is over boomerang
    - set gravity strength to 2000
    - set gravity towards object "player"

hope this helps!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello, thanks for looking at it ratstar but id already nearly done it wile i was waiting, but its not right i will attach the MFA so you can see what iv got, all i need now it to set the Boomerang to home in on the PlayerSprite after it hit the HitMark, it kind of does that but if you move wile the Boomerang is on its way back then it misses the PlayerSprite
    Attached files Attached files

mojofltr
    http://mfa.aquadasoft.com/view/13584...imingBoomerang

Only slight changes made to your file: I set a flag when the boomerang hits its target. When the flag is on, it will look for the player.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow thanks mojofltr, that really works well, il look at what you did and try and understand it as i dont really understand what to use and when, i wish there was a manual for how to use all the things in mmf2 like what does sin and cos and all the rest mean and how to you use them and all the extra objects that can be used like advanced direction and such, but thanks for that, now that the best boomerang iv seen to date as could only find two poor examples on the net, thanks again

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, iv now made a few more changes to make it more accurate because the boomerang would miss the hitmark if i was moving the mouse fast as i click the fire button, now it all works much better, but i cant seem to make the boomerang move any faster, the boomerang has got the 8 directions movement assigned to it in its object properties where its says speed accelerate decelerate it don't matter what i change them numbers to the speed does not change at all, here the MFA for it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a good example! Nice job. Here is the boomerang adjusted for a faster speed. Look at line 1 (Always) in the event editor. You can adjust this for a faster speed or slower! You can also delete it's movement and make it static. The Eight direction movement has nothing to do with how it moves or it's speed. You are moving it with values. Hope this helps.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi klik-it thanks for having a look i really appreciate it, but i knew about that setting in line one and had a mess with it and found it made it move faster, but it makes it move to many pixels in one go and that will course collision and detection problems or so iv read, do you know of any other way of moving it faster, not frame rate as that would be a problem if some one played it on a low end system and i think also course all my other movements to speed up too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya! Well, it's still a good example and good luck with it. Keep us posted.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye klik-it man it is a good example but still needs a bit more work for what i want it to do, but i just cant figure how to make it move faster without jumping to many pixels at once, so if anyone ells knows a way to make a bullet or boomerang in this case move faster without jumping lots of pixels at a time please chime in, or if anyone has all the tutorial manuals that used to be on the www.clickteam.com/eng/resources/ , think they were written by popcorn, i read his body parts tut on there and found the way he explains what's going on made it allot easier to understand than others iv read, or just a fix for my MFA file would help for now, anyone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast