User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: need a good boomerang that hit the spot i click the mouse at

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest,.I didn't have any issues when I increased the speed of the bullet and it hit the target every time and returned to it's base.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    true but i think that because its set to hit that hitmark, when i put this all together in a game that hitmark will be invisible and i will have enemies for the bullet to kill, now lets think ahead i see enemy on the screen some where i move mouse over toward him and click but i click just in front of him that would be a miss and i wouldn't destroy him that's how it should be, but if my bullet is moving say 20 pixel at a time im going to get an over shot that will hit him, that would not be what i wanted as then you only have to aim in the general vicinity to hit him and make the game way to easy and i can also foresee getting stuck in walls and such.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got ya! I hope someone chimes in for you. I would say you need some type of custom movement!? Maybe, when you click you create a point of impact that the boomerang hits instead of the enemy and have it set if the impact point is over the enemy it kills the enemy? Not sure if that's the answer, but I'm just trying to help out.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye i tried that but it still give the same none accurate over shoot due to moving 20 pixels at once, the other way i thought of was to actually attach the hitmark to the enemy but then that will home in on it if the enemy moves after you make the shot and still has the over shoot effect, iv found a fast loops example that might do the trick if i can figure out how to make this run in a fastloops, upto now it messes it up big time if i put all that into a fastloop, but then again im probably not putting the fast loops in the right place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope ya get it figured out!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye so do i, had a few more goes but cant seem to figure it out, it seems i cant use fastloops as the speed is in a always event, iv PM'd nivram to see if he can help, but if anyone ells knows how to do this feel free to make a suggestion, thanks again klik-it for looking in as well, once this is done i think il be able to get on with my game, but there's no point going any further until i have all my custom movements made, this is the only one im stuck with got the player and most of the other things sorted, there not in this MFA the player in this one is just for testing the boomerang bullet.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok iv spent the last few weeks of 14 hours a day working on fixing this, finally iv found a way to move it in fastloops, this has fixed the collision detection between the HitMark and Boomerang me.jpg as you can see from the smile on my face, but no matter what i do the boomerang still travels past the HitMark so courses the problem of being able to hit enemy's when you should not of bin able to, its supposed to go only to the HitMark and back to player, here's the MFA if anyone is good with fastloops please help me out.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there! Try this. Look at the always event. Have the boomerang "always look at "hitmark" Seem to cure it and I didn't get one that went by and miss.
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi klik-it, thanks for looking but that is the exact same effect i already had, i had already made it hit the HitMark without missing but if you look the boomerang still goes past the HitMark by what ever interger of 50 is left in pixels, eg the boomerang will still hit something that is past the HitMark if the other object is with the 50 pixels that are left from it moving at 50 pixels a time, thats why i put that baddie on there, so you can see that depending on where the baddie is you can still hit him if you have the cross hair in front of him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm,.Ok,.LOL. How about this. Line 11. Add that the hitmark has to be over lapping the badguy to destroy it for it to work and only work if that is true. So, the hitmark has to be over lapping the object to destroy it. I see how it is going past the badguy, but I'm trying and hope this example does it, if not you're going to have to come up with something different, like a custom movement engine for this. Did you see a game like you're trying to make or is this something off the top of your head?
    Images attachées Images attachées

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast