User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: need a good boomerang that hit the spot i click the mouse at

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi klik-it, ye that little last bit works better and i could use it that way for the game, thanks your a saint, i will still look into fastloops more though, as it does look a bit sloppy with the boomerang going past, im hoping nested fastloops will work but iv yet to fully try them, il post back up if i figure out another way, and ye iv not seen a game with this exactness to a boomerang movement, so i suppose its off the top of my head and maybe even beyond the capabilities of what MMF2 can handle or do, but i will keep trying to get this perfected as iv looked at all the other game creators and i dont like them, MMF2 just seems to make more sense to me so i will keep at it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I got it. What you need to do is create a second boomerang that returns to the base. So, when you shoot the first boomerang (the one that will destroy/kill the enemy) you set it to destroy when it hits the hitmark (it will never pass the hitmark doing it this way) and then create the second boomerang to return to the base and destroy that one after it hits the base. I'm coding it now and will post it after I get it done. The second boomerang has no effect on the enemy and is just a fake boomerang for returning to the base.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye that sounds like it might work and will cure the problem of not being able to hit the badguy on the way to the hitmark, as that last solution of having the boomerang only destroy the badguy if the hitmark is overlapping the badguy stopped it destroying anything in between the base and hitmark, witch would not happen in real life, in real life a boomerang would only go to where you throw it to and return to you, it would hit anything on the way there but not hit anything past the point thrown to, it would also hit stuff on the way back but i dont need it to do that at all so what you are coding now will work very well, its a shame MMF2 cant move the boomerang one pixel at a time but at the speed of 50 pixels ago, this would of made it much easier to do this type of hi speed collision detection.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok,.take a look at the new code in this. The green boomerang is the first one that's shot and the second is red. It seems to work perfect now and doesn't over shoot the hitmrk anymore. BTW, I just noticed that I left a counter in the mfa example, that has nothing to do with anything and I was using it for testing. You can delete the counter.

Edit: IMO, I would change the loop to 30 and adjust the second boomerang speed to 180. To me it looks a little weird going that fast, but that's me, LOL.
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye i had a counter in mine wile i was testing stuff to, so i noticed yours and spotted what it was doing or not, only thing is on line 9 of yours the bit that says collision between hitmark and badguy this is so it wont hit the badguy when the boomerang over shoots the hitmark, but this also means that it can only hit the badguy when the hitmark is on the badguy, that stops it hitting the badguy if the badguy is in between the base and the hitmark witch is no good, so i removed that part in line 9 and it now still hits in over shoot just like it originally did in my MFA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That stinks! I have no idea and wish I/you could figure this out. Sorry I can't help anymore as I've tried everything I know to make it work. Seems if you take that action out on line 9 and set the loop to 30 and speed of the second boomerang to 180, it doesn't over shoot as bad. Maybe some one else can chime in!?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye its not good is it, the detection and speed control when moving something that does not use repeat key press to move something stinks big time, even using fastloops dont fix it, iv spent nearly over two months just trying to get this to work in MMF2 and cant seem to get it right, funny thing is i did it with contruct2 in just 2 days compared to over 2 months and not done yet in MMF2, at this rate it will take years to make a game, its a shame i dont like the layout out and some of the words syntax they use in construct2 as it has much better control and placement and detection but is crap other than that, i really need to do this in MMF2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe PM Francois about this. He might have a solution, but not sure.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok im re-uploading my MFA so francois or simon can look at it if they have time, just a recap of what it is meant to do, the boomerang should go to the hitmark then back to the player, it does this ok, it never misses the hitmark now this is good and works, the boomerang should hit any badguy that is in between the hitmark and player this works fine, the boomerang should not go past the hitmark and hit the badguy this bit does not work, it will still hit the badguy if he at certain points on the screen where it adds up to more than the 50 pixel integers that the boomerang is travelling at, so if i put the hitmark at lets say 160 pixels away from the player and the badguy is 199 or less away from the player then it still hits the badguy when clearly it should not but does because of how many pixels it travels in each step, iv spent lots of time and read every thing i can find on fastloops and nested loops and all the manuals for MMF and MMF2, also iv check out every example i can find nothing seems to help, maybe im just miss understanding as iv only spent a few months learning, but im trying my best and really need help here, a super big thank you as well to klik-it who as tried a lot to
    Attached files Attached files

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3