User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Problems with sound

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it to work

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a problem I can't seem to get around at the moment is that if the player triggers the next part of the narration the sounds just over lap. This can end up being a problem because my narration sounds are triggered by certain things, for example the player will be prompted to press the "I" key for the inventory which will then trigger the next sound. So sometimes they will overlap, is there a way to stop a sound file when another one is playing?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There doesn't appear to be a "is this sample playing" option which would quite possibly allow me to stop the sample if another sample is playing. Is there no way this can be solved then?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there is a way, can you pm me an example of what your doing?
    When I get home from work tonight I'll take a look and send you an example back of how to achieve what you want.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several solutions. Either allocate a specific channel for sounds that are meant to block each other and play all of them on that channel. Alternatively, use your own channel allocation so you know what channel to stop. Alternatively use "stop sample". Or you can use my sound system which lets you treat sounds as objects. With the last solution, set the emitter's "Continuous Mode" to 1 (required to control the sound while it's playing) and set "Stop Sound" to 1 when you wish to stop the playback (which also removes the emitter).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifflas View Post
    There are several solutions. Either allocate a specific channel for sounds that are meant to block each other and play all of them on that channel. Alternatively, use your own channel allocation so you know what channel to stop. Alternatively use "stop sample". Or you can use my sound system which lets you treat sounds as objects. With the last solution, set the emitter's "Continuous Mode" to 1 (required to control the sound while it's playing) and set "Stop Sound" to 1 when you wish to stop the playback (which also removes the emitter).
    This seems to be working so far so fingers crossed and thank you very much I always assumed channel meant specific speakers it would play on. What other advantages are there to channels.

Gerald I have pmed you my file thanks again for your help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be working now thanks a lot

Last question hopefully, is there any way to have: Upon sample finishing....and then a command. In this instance I would like a string object to prompt the player to press the key that was mentioned in the narration. Is this at all possible?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What other advantages are there to channels.
    The advantage is simply to have better control. No matter what, a sound needs to play on a channel. When you use the normal "play sound" actions, it'll automatically pick a channel for you, and normally this will be enough for your needs. If you don't want to use MMF2's internal channel allocation, you can use the "on channel" actions. My sound system does however offer a much more flexible way to deal with it. You can e.g. create an emitter and tell it to play on a channel between say 1-20, and it'll pick a free channel within this range or steal the one which last began playing a sound. You can also apply modifiers to ranges of channels, e.g. "Reduce the volume on channel 1-10 by 50%", yet have a second modifier that goes "Reduce the volume on channel 5-15 by 75%" and not get a conflict within the overlapping range (you'll get a 12.5% volume on Channel 5-10). It's very powerful and useful for e.g. setting sound/music/ambiance volumes separately, effects (slowing down the time and setting a frequency modifier on all channels to match this), echoes (using delayed emitters), global mute settings, etc. The only disadvantage is that it doesn't handle "play sounds over frames" very well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2