User Tag List

Thread: Is fixed length jumping possible in MMF2? (a la Ghosts n Goblins)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is fixed length jumping possible in MMF2? (a la Ghosts n Goblins)

When we jump we can control the character in the air. Which for me is not realistic.
    I like the: "if you jump you're gonna land there based upon your speed, no matter what" approach.
    Game examples: Ghost n Goblins franchise, Pitfall and Pitfall II for the Atari 2600, Castlevania 1,2 and 3.
    As a side note: I use fixed speed as well for my platformer, meaning 100% acceleration and 100% deceleration.
    And I wish that if that were the case, the "new fixed jump feature" would be allowed in MMF2 as a clickable option. (this is a dev idea for the MMF2 devs)
    So, how can we do that in MMF2? I've searched the forum, but could not find anything regarding that! thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop using the built-in platform movement / PMO extension, and code your own. There are loads of examples - just search for "custom platform engine" or something like that.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying to avoid complexity and stick with the built in movement. And thinking hard, I've accomplished the fixed jumping with it! can you believe that? I'll upload an mfa soon to teach those who don't know. I've done wonders with the built in platform movement. Even not getting stuck to walls and wall collisions using position repelling invisible walls. No masks or collision detectors or 3rd party objects involved. There are magic tricks to get around using the powerful event editor, but we all know that's were the gold is! but boy I know so little about the event editor!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use an animation and adjust the hotspot, then at the end of the animation, change the players position forward how ever many pixels you moved for the jump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job on figuring that out. Though I, too, found it so much better to program movement from scratch. It doesn't take me that long, and it's not that complicated. In fact, in some respects, it's actually more simple, or at least easy, because you can know exactly what the movement is gonna do at any time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may help. It uses the PMO object too.
    Attached files Attached files