User Tag List

Thread: Multi-touch and swipe?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multi-touch and swipe?

Hi, just got the IOS exporter and have a couple of questions. In my project the play area is just swiping. On the menu, they would touch a button (example - to load a new game).

Since I am using swipe and touch a button do I need multi-touch or can I do just single touch? (The player would not be swiping and pressing a button at the same time.)

Second question...how do I enable swipe? The player will move around the screen via swiping. I can't find the option to do that, just the standard player clicks with left mouse button stuff.

Thanks very much, you guys are so helpful on these forums. I really appreciate the community here

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll need to do swipe manually, basically you need to check the difference between the mouse/touch position in a frame and the position it was in in the previous frame to see how fast the touch is moving and in what direction. So, for example if just using horizontal swiping I'd have a global value 'TouchX' and a global value 'LastTouchX', and every frame you'd set LastTouchX to TouchX and then set TouchX to the current X position of the touch (in this specific order!) and use some conditioning to make sure it doesn't count the first time (i.e. A touch has started/User clicked, do the same in reverse order so that it doesn't count the distance between the last touch and a new one).

There are also conditions in the multitouch object you can use to get the start point of a touch vs. the current position of it, those could be used for similar effect. It's all about comparing where the touch was previously to where it is now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. I'll be more specific to see if there is as easier way to do this. The player (active object) can move 4 ways. Up, down, left and right.

I want the player to move those directions when the person swipes the screen. They swipe up, the player object moves up, they swipe right the player object moves right, etc.

Right now I the player set to "Eight Directions" for movement (with only 4 directions chosen, up, down, left, right) and when I test it with the PC the arrows control the movement.

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multi-touch and swipe?

You can't really do much with the 8 direction movement without using the built in touch joystick, you will need to use another movement like bouncing ball or vector.