User Tag List

Thread: IOS player controls - manual, tutorial?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IOS player controls - manual, tutorial?

Hi,

OK, maybe I am overlooking some documentation or something, but I can't find anything on this subject.

I have been building my game for PC, now I just got the IOS export and want to simply change the way the "player" object is controlled.

My question is....Is there a manual or tutorial or something that explains the player controls when converting a PC game to IOS?

For example, when you add an active object and name it the "player". Then you go into the properties and set the movement. Say, eight directions or drag and drop. How does that work now if it is an Iphone game? There is no keyboard or mouse.

Thanks

P.S. - With other active objects, so far I understand that when you put in the condition, that player clicks with left mouse button on an object, that equates to a player tapping on an object on an IOS device. (please correct me if I am wrong on this one).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a couple built in controllers you can use. On the frame properties - iOS options, you can choose f.ex "touch joystick" as joystick device. then you can control movements such as 8 directions with it.

But the best option is to use the multiple touch object and make your own custom controller. Also you probably want to have "multi touch" mode on the frame.

And yes, screen touch convert to mouse click and mouse position, if you just want to use that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so I don't want to have a joystick device show up on screen to take away visual space from my gameplay area.

So if my player object is moving left, right, up and down and I am using the 8 directions object, this won't automatically become the person swiping the screen and the player object will move in those directions (as if the screen were the keyboard arrows)?

If no, that means I have to use the multiple touch object to control the player object? I found that object, but can't figure out how you make it know that it is controlling the player object or any tutorials on how to program in the movements...

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want, you can use this: swipemove.mfa =)
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll play around with it this week and see if I can figure it out. I really thought it would be more simple to just make an object move in 4 directions on an IOS project...