Thread: Collision detection out of frame

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collision detection out of frame

Hi clickteam community ,
    I recently downloaded the MMF2 Developer Demo because a friend of mine said its a good editor to make games without coding so much. Im planning to create a game like Zelda 2 its a side scrolling game with an open world. I think I worked out the main of the mechanics of this editor.The gamewindow follows the player.

My problem is, that if I place "bouncing ball" objects out of the frame , I mean the area which can't be seen at the start, they dont bounce from backdrop "obstacles" instead they go trough them and fly away .The backdrop is a square "cage" with bouncing balls in it so if it works correctly they remain inside and bounce all the time. But in my case they just fly out of the cage. However if the cage is placed in the visible area at the start they collide correctly and even if I go away and come back.

I dindt see any threads clearing my problem but I read some similiar ones. So I tried to check "handle bakground collision" and the object remains active even if it is out of the frame.A
    nyone can help me because it is very important that the enemies can collide outisde of the screen for several gameplay reasons.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you backdrop it's too far from frame, maybe you active (bouncing ball) is being destroyed....so uncheck the box "Destroy object if too far from fame".

But I think that your case it's that you active (bouncing ball) is being inactive. So, change to NO in the box "Inactive if too far from window"

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paobrasil View Post
    If you backdrop it's too far from frame, maybe you active (bouncing ball) is being destroyed....so uncheck the box "Destroy object if too far from fame".

But I think that your case it's that you active (bouncing ball) is being inactive. So, change to NO in the box "Inactive if too far from window"
    Thx for the fast reply.
    Unfortunately it already was on "NO" and it still doesnt work. The bouncing objects arent destroyed they fly through the obstacle as if they wont exist ift it isnt visible from the start I try to attached a sample.
    Attached files Attached files

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Seems to be a 'Virtual' frame size issue. If you expand your 'actual' frame size to 6400x4800 then it is drawn to the mask correctly and collisions work as they should.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Seems to be a 'Virtual' frame size issue. If you expand your 'actual' frame size to 6400x4800 then it is drawn to the mask correctly and collisions work as they should.
    Wow that solves the problem thx a lot ! I thought the actual frame size would change the resolution if I change it but it doesnt and everything works fine.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No problem.

The only thing that will change the resolution is the 'App Size' in the application properties. You can have a bigger frame size, this will enable you to scroll around it then. Glad it's solved for you

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check the "handle background collisions even out of window property" in the frame property panel.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ah Francois, I forgot about that, however I just went back and checked the MFA and "handle background collisions even out of window property" is checked.

IIRC, this was a 256 bug reported to Yves on a few occasions, so hopefully a fix for that soon.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?