User Tag List

Thread: Good time for saving

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good time for saving

So, when do you usually save the game? Assuming it would be a loop..
    On applicaton end?
    On app deactivation? (I assume in both cases the loop would not fully run before it shut down the app)
    Every X seconds?
    When leaving a frame?
    When entering a frame?

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by saving do you mean into an array or ini file?

supporting multitask will "save" the frame state and frame changes are always a good checkpoint, but aside that, it is a good question for our fellow experienced developers around here! what would be the best way to save the game before hitting the home button?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah Ahiru, I mean saving into an array or ini file. If I'm not mistaken, the iphone/ipad can close the app in memory if there is too much app opened at same time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i'd have it set at a checkpoint (ie mid level, or end of level). It really depends on the type of game though.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let players save in exchange of ingame currency. Sell currency as IAP.

Important quote from Andos: "The INI object saves it's values when it is destroyed (like end of frame or when the app is closed). You can therefore force it to write it's contents to disk by destroying it manually and then creating it again with the same file."

That's a difference to the way it works in Windows runtime.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually every X seconds. Never know when the game is randomly going to crash (although this hasn't happened to me in a very long time). You can also set a saving event for when the application is deactivated. I never really tested that one