User Tag List

Thread: An explanation of why I'm here, a few general pointers needed.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An explanation of why I'm here, a few general pointers needed.

Hi all

I've been using Clickteam products for a long time, starting out on KNP around 1996. I used TGF for many years and have had MMF2 for some time now so I've got a good understanding of the basics but have only recently been looking to do serious stuff like many of you lot.

Having recently learned how to use Lacewing and other brilliant extensions and shaders that have come out, I'm blown away by what MMF2 can really do but I'm struggling to find some info I'm after. Possibly like 99% of people who learn how to use Lacewing, I'm making an online multiplayer top down shooter at the moment. :p

There's many stikied threads around here that link to the old forums when I'm looking for help, so I often hit dead ends when looking up things on here.

http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=65494

I'm very interested in MMF2 HWA but I'm not sure why. :p I've been examining a few examples that people have posted on here but I don't really know what I'm missing out on without HWA.

Q1: What is MMF2 Hardware Accelerated Runtime? What does it really do? How can I get it?

Q2: What benefits are there to using MMF2 Developer? What am I missing out on with the standard version of MMF2?

I've appreciated things that have been posted on here by many of you, there's too many of you to name. I've been especially interested in Andos' work. Since I'm making a TDS, I've been working on a decent 'line of sight', or, 'field of view' with the use of shaders but I'm still learning as I go. I noticed an example on Anders' site called "Light and shadow engine 4" but every time I open it, I get the message that I'm missing "Multiply.fx" I have a plethora of extensions installed but I can't seem to find what I'm missing. With a few changes to this example, I can get it to look like what I'm looking for since I can 'ignore' the error message. I think it must be part of Looki's Photoshop blend modes, that I also think I'll need HWA for...?

Q3: Do I need HWA or MMF2Dev? Is Multiply.fx built into one of these?

I know each question contains more than one question but I'd appreciate any help I can get. :p I'm obviously a bit clueless in some of these subjects...

I do have many more questions but I've started to babble on a bit.

Cheers.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye mate i feel for you, im in the similar situation what's really needed is for all the old links to the info that was on the old forum, it seems the answers to everything everyone is after is on the old forums, like how to use most of the Extensions, don't hold your breath iv bin stuck for over 5 weeks now

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardware Acceleration (HWA) lets the Video card do all the work instead of the CPU. Much faster this way. In the Application Properties switch to HWA by going to the Display Mode (defaults to normal) and change this to Direct 3D8 or 3D9. You are now in HWA mode.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by highjack24 View Post
    ye mate i feel for you, im in the similar situation what's really needed is for all the old links to the info that was on the old forum, it seems the answers to everything everyone is after is on the old forums, like how to use most of the Extensions, don't hold your breath iv bin stuck for over 5 weeks now
    highjack24. Are you using the Demo Version of MMF? If so you can't use extensions. If not, what extensions exactly are you having problems with. What problems are you having that are in the old forums?

Thanks,
    Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nivram View Post
    Hardware Acceleration (HWA) lets the Video card do all the work instead of the CPU. Much faster this way. In the Application Properties switch to HWA by going to the Display Mode (defaults to normal) and change this to Direct 3D8 or 3D9. You are now in HWA mode.

Marv
    Cheers Marv. I'd been playing about with the Display mode in ED8 & 9, that explains a lot.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will PM you nivram as i don't want to be hijacking this guys thread