User Tag List

Thread: Array data loading fast enough?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Array data loading fast enough?

So, for some time now, I seem to be running into occasional problems with loading array files into List Objects. I load my array files at Start of Frame and then load them into the list objects at Start of Frame (all of these occur on their own event lines). It seems that every now and then the data I pull from the list will return NULL.

Is there some quirk with array files or list objects that I should be aware of? And is there any workaround to assure the data is available before trying to use it (like a callback)?

Also, I am using the latest Unicode beta. :3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much data are you talking about? If you know how many rows of data you're dealing with, simply spot check a few values prior to trying to use the data.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I load 5 individual array files and each one is storing xDim=5, yDim=30. And to correct what I said earlier, I am loading text files into List Objects. The problem seems to happen a very small percent of the time where a number pulled from an array is used as a lookup index for a list object. But it seems the array is not loading its values before the list object is accessed. Sorry if I am not explaining this well. It is confusing me why this is happening at all.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure i follow what you're doing. I use a list object to store data as well, about 25 lines of variables get added to a list, then saved and re-loaded. so far i'm not seeing any failures. But I'm filling the last row as a dummy and putting 777 in. Then, before i try to use the data, I make sure that 25th row holds "777". If it does, I know the list is loaded and i proceed...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I am loading array files into arrays and loading text files into list objects at start of frame. I then do comparison checks with values in the arrays to get the correct line number. Then I read that line number from the list object. Sometimes the line number that is read from the list object is incorrect, meaning the array is not loading the proper data in time.

I like your suggestion so I will give it a try and see if that stops this problem. But I am still curious if there might be some quirks to be aware of when dealing with these objects?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its possible. I don't work much with arrays lately, so i can't say much about them, but the list object sometimes does things that surprises me... although things have become more stable lately (do to the methods i'm employing). Specifically. I clear the list completely, then insert the expected number of rows (empty), then change each row explicitly (when storing values). But I only use the list to load and save the data to the file system. That works for me, and since i started doing that, I haven't had any issues. It may be a little extra effort, but it works for me.