User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New XBox will not have XNA support

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any suggestions at what the improvements or new features might be Jeff? If there's something useful to my current project, then I might hold off on a few things, so it would be good to know.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: New XBox will not have XNA support

sorry I don't know but if you have a need please post it in the XNA owners lounge

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And Microsoft has continued XNA for Windows Phone, so the XNA runtime will carry on living for years!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I see on the web that ther new XBOX(Xbox One) suport indies games.We must go through Microsoft to deliver games like Xbox360.Good news

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, sorry: http://www.shacknews.com/article/793...-publish-games

They mean if you want to have a game on the Xbox One you need to go through them directly, there is no self publishing and no more XBLIG

Similar to how XBLA works now.

I have no idea if it runs XNA or not, but I guess it doesn't matter so much now unless somebody makes something that Microsoft are interested in. Ah well, can't say we didn't see this coming right?

But in the meantime the prices of 360s should drop, and people might start picking them up in order to play smaller indie games like those on XBLIG. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've read Sony seems to be courting indies a lot more for PS4. So, if you're interested in getting your games on a console, PS4 is the most likely choice for next gen. As for an actual purchase myself for gaming, I'm sitting on the fence. There's a lot of backlash on the internet about the Xbox One, but most of the concerns don't affect me anyway. Having to connect online once every 24 hours? My internet almost never goes down and I think I've used the offline mode for Steam once in my entire life. Used game blocking unless you pay a fee, well, I don't buy used anyway, I can get good deals on Amazon all the time for factory sealed games. They have some pretty good sales. No backwards compatibility, who didn't know that was going to happen? Sony already said PS4 won't play PS3 games (though they'll have them for sale on PSN as downloads, I imagine MS will do the same with 360 games). The new PS3's even ditched the PS2 backwards compatibility.

I'm not sure why people are hopping on the PS4 hype train just yet, they haven't even officially unveiled PS4 yet, and we still don't know a lot about how it will work either. Some of these complaints about Xbox One could be present on the PS4 as well. I imagine they'll have some form of blocking for used games. I think Sony said they won't block used games, but they never commented on if you'll have to pay a fee.

All I care about are games, and they said Xbox One is going to have 15 exclusives, 8 of which are brand new IP's. That will be my deciding factor so Sony better have some great titles lined up.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like they are going to allow self publishing after all!

http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comm...n_independent/

Not sure if this will mean XNA will work. Fingers crossed that it will and we can develop for both consoles using the exporter- that would be the ideal scenario!

My guess is that they'll introduce some kind of new framework though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New XBox will not have XNA support

HTML5 most likely.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably a new framework of some sort. I expect it to be built around Windows 8 apps (if not using that exact structure entirely). I can't imagine a console using HTML5 instead of a low level framework with the hardware.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast