Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New XBox will not have XNA support

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New XBox will not have XNA support

Title says it all really, I assume that most people are aware that Microsoft is bringing out a new Xbox, but it has recently been confirmed that it will not feature games created using XNA. It is also looking unlikely that it will have any form of Indie games at all. This is just a heads up really to make sure everyone knows.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they don't have any kind of replacement for the Indie Games, it'll be their loss quite frankly. With consoles like the ouya and steambox coming, there will be plenty of alternative platforms to develop for

I haven't been a fan of Microsoft's decisions as of late, lets hope they wake up!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the way they keep bringing in their own systems and abandoning them. To think that even Windows Phone sort of "reset" for WP8... It's ridiculous,

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Direct X is not going anywhere, and C++ and C should be the basis for things for quite some time to come. They may bundle everything into a new tool set, calling it something else. MS Visual Studio is using Direct X 11 and similar features.

It seems like the next Xbox and PS4 will both be using AMD 64bit technology, so both will be PCs in a different form.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"While also suggesting that the future of API collection Directx is uncertain" from the article on the indie game weblog. I doubt ms would ditch x as that doesn't even make sense they might restructure it like they have with everything. But the way things are moving right now it would be a bad idea. Ms really pisses me off

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So where does that leave us, we lost the future for the next box? At least we have the vita and maybe ouya :/.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch MakerUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I just recently bought XNA exportar but I'm not upset with this. I see it as another way to support Clickteam. At least I'll save time, effort and money with XNA subscription.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think their indie program was ever that successful. You can chalk it up to missteps by Microsoft if you like, but truthfully, if you look at a lot of gamer comments about the Ouya, you can see that the typical Xbox player is not part of the market for those kinds of games anyway. I think them dropping out will actually be good for Ouya.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose you can't blame them since their indie section is so full of utter pap now, but it's their own fault for segregating it like they did.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said hopefully the ouya isn't cheap

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast