User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New XBox will not have XNA support

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm quite certain we will be able to create games for Xbox One with MMF2, unless CT will releae MMF3 which is cabable of doing that.

I mean for "serious" developers there are big markets in console gaming, ignoring that limits your sales. And that would mean troubles for CT products.
    So yeah, let us wait and see. I'm sure CT will come up with something!

- Jesse

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Microsoft said they are partnering with Unity. Now, whether that means indie devs will have to use Unity and only Unity to publish on Xbox One, I have no idea.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I know Microsoft said they are partnering with Unity. Now, whether that means indie devs will have to use Unity and only Unity to publish on Xbox One, I have no idea.
    Nintendo is partnering with Unity as well, and Nintendo themselves have made another way to make indie games for the Wii U, so it will probably be the same here (in the sense that it isn't the only way).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm sure there will be another way. Only way Unity would gain exclusivity is if they paid MS a boatload of cash and I seriously doubt they have that kind of resources.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New XBox will not have XNA support

I'm pretty certain it'll be HTML5, since it runs on Windows 8 and everything with Windows 8 is HTML5 based.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That might not be too far fetched.
    It seems that HTML5 is the "future", it's growing trend.

But I think that would be great thing for us, since Clickteam is working with the HTML5 exporter.

Thou I'm not familiar with HTML5, is there any restrictions. Can we use custom shaders and HWA etc?
    I really would love to develop my game also for Xbox One.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J3sseM View Post
    That might not be too far fetched.
    It seems that HTML5 is the "future", it's growing trend.

But I think that would be great thing for us, since Clickteam is working with the HTML5 exporter.

Thou I'm not familiar with HTML5, is there any restrictions. Can we use custom shaders and HWA etc?
    I really would love to develop my game also for Xbox One.
    I think HTML5 supports those things, but as for the HTML5 runtime, I don't think you'll be able to use custom shaders unless someone makes an extension for it, since, if HTML5 supports shaders, they probably don't use the same shader language as the EXE/standard runtime (lots of people don't seem to get this for some reason, and request that shader work in all runtimes, even though it's impossible since each and every shader needs to be re-wrote for almost every runtime, just like extensions). As for HWA, someone who is beta testing the HTML5 runtime (or someone from Clickteam) would have to answer that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Xbox One uses HTML5, it would have to interact with the hardware for HWA so I don't think that's a worry, even if native HTML5 doesn't (I don't know). There's no way indie games for Xbox One would be limited to some sort of non-HWA web HTML5 game design, they'd have to be able to use the hardware, whether that's some API you could call in HTML5 coding or what. But I don't really know anything at all about this stuff.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't worry xbox one is going to be a flop.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6