User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New XBox will not have XNA support

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    What's your opinion for exchange XNA to MonoGame.There is same XNA feature and more
    http://monogame.net/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New XBox will not have XNA support

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I do agree there needs to be some serious quality control. For every good indie game on there, there's like 100 more (at the least) that are pure garbage. And there's not really any good way to sort the garbage out, you just have to dig through it. I'm sure there will be plenty of crying, "omg my game didn't make it, wtf that's not fair!!", but so be it. I'd rather have a strict controlled platform that lets the good games through then have a veritable see of garbage with some diamonds here and there.
    I agree, this is why I still prefer the iTunes Store to Google Play for games.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't found anything that actually says the next Xbox won't support XNA. I found that the TOOLS for the platform are no longer being developed. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...the-End-of-XNA

This may be closer to Windows Phone 8 will run XNA apps created for Windows 7, but there is no native Win 8 XNA development.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Microsoft still accepting games made with XNA for the 360 then? Or are they just stopping development of the tool kit that you use for it? It just got the XNA exporter and still know very little about it

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can still submit XBLIG games, just don't expect much in the way of support from Microsoft.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main concern would be the next Xbox but I guess we'll see maybe ms will surprise us.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there will still be support for indie games in some shape or form on the next Xbox, but of course I could be completely wrong. I can't imagine they'd look at the success of indie's on PC and app stores and say "nah, we don't want any part of that". If anything, I think they'll realize that their current structure for XBLIG needs a lot of work, so they'll restructure it. Or maybe they'll look at the poor sales on XBLIG and just decide it's not worth it, who knows. It could also be entirely possible that they'll have to rework the entire XNA platform into something else in order to support the next Xbox's hardware and how it works.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I think XBLA itself should be more open. Not without moderation of course but the best stores are the ones which are open but moderated, like iTunes. The best games on XBLA of the whole generation have been indies with a publisher (Braid, Fez, Castle Crashers, Super Meat Boy), and WiiWare was similarly made popular by the work of small name studios (World of Goo, LostWinds), so the publishers should be more open.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested to hear Clickteams thoughts on this. Obviously I'm rather frustrated that Microsoft would give up so easily on the concept (at least in it's current form) but the amount of effort that Clickteam went to, to create an XNA exporter, only for it to have an extremely short lifespan, makes me ponder their next move.

Do CT feel that their fantastic efforts to create an XNA exporter is, for instance, a waste of time ultimately in the long run? And does this also apply to Windows Mobile?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think our thoughts on this are -- We will make an export module for the next Xbox if there is a framework that's inexpensive and open for our users.

I don't think the XNA work was a waste at all. We have quite a few users actively working on Xbox games.

The XNA export module has been quietly popular -- It doesn't get the splash the iOS Export Module has gotten but I think a lot of the users like to see their games on the Xbox even if they don't actually release them out to the public.

Francois is still working on the XNA Export Module with improvements, bug corrections and new features.
    So we have no plans to abandon it and hopefully MS doesn't lock out indie games created under XNA for a long time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast