User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nested games?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Nested games?

This is a pretty basic question that I can't seem to find an answer to with searches. Is it possible to nest a game file within another game file in MMF2? For some reason I was sure this was possible but now that I need it I can't seem to find info on it. Otherwise, is there simply a way to organize levels? I'm putting the finishing touches on a comic app that's going to have hundreds of levels (a level per page) and if I just have them all unorganized it's going to be a nightmare.

Thanks a lot!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a game or a comic book to read?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KLiK-iT View Post
    Is this a game or a comic book to read?
    It's a comic to read. Right now I have it set up so that each level is a comic page that you can either read as a full page or zoom in on and navigate panel by panel. I have a variety of shaped pages, so right now I just programmed how each type of page would operate, and I'm about to the point where I'm going to start importing all the comics from my archive. I want to offer "packs" of like 50 comics in a pack that you can purchase separately in-app. I figured the easiest way to set that up would be to have each pack be a separate game file contained in the main game.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Create a new Project Instead of a new Application?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Cool View Post
    Create a new Project Instead of a new Application?
    Hmm, yeah, I see how you can have multiple game files open at the same time. But is there a way to create a meta-game that can access these files?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JoeGP, I don't have an answer for you but think you've got a great idea. Good luck

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you could solve this problem by using a project but now I'm not sure. It doesn't look like projects do what I thought they did, and in fact now I'm not sure that they do much of anything at all. Is it literally only a method for opening multiple MFAs at once? I thought you could have multiple MFAs inside a project and save the project as a standalone application.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sub-applications would be closer.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if this would work for you,.but how about using an animation? Use it in 32 directions and place each page into a directions. Set the speed to 0 and when the user want's to go to a different page just select that direction. You would only need one frame or level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nivram
    Sub-applications would be closer.

Marv
    Is that possible? How do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by KLiK-iT
    I don't know if this would work for you,.but how about using an animation? Use it in 32 directions and place each page into a directions. Set the speed to 0 and when the user want's to go to a different page just select that direction. You would only need one frame or level.
    That's an interesting idea. If nested applications aren't possible, this is probably what I'll do. Thanks a lot! That'll definitely make things more manageable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast