User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 5 app frame rate drop bug [beta 8]

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation iPhone 5 app frame rate drop bug [beta 8]

Hi guys,

I just upgraded to the iPhone 5 and the first thing I did was install my app that I've been working on.

It ran and looked great, and then I minimized it to do something else, but after coming back to it it started running at half speed.

I pressed the home button and then resumed it again, but the problem persisted. Then I did it again and the problem went away.
    I can't seem to reproduce it, but there is something wrong with the runtime if it randomly slows down after coming back from being suspended.

I'm going to try and reliably reproduce it next, but I just wanted to report the issue.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does sound like a problem some of us see every now and then. I see a 60fps game drop down to 40fps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsih...e_gdata_player

The cause has not been found yet AFAIK, changing frames or restarting sometimes fixes the problem.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's an old issue according to the date of this video Andy. I only discovered this problem a few weeks ago. It never happened to me, and I wasn't able to reproduce it either. I wonder if it is tied to a specific extension, to the use of a particular app or frame property.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it happens more often on my ipad, but only for certain apps. I see it less on my itouch, but the behaviour of resuming an app as described is exactly what I get and what is shown in the video.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this happened to me too. Apparently it also happens to non-mmf2 games. The way I "fixed it" was to change my games screen resolution, from 240x160 to 480x320. Didn't get the problem again as soon as I did that..

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess that's the same problem we discussed some time ago.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thing is still around huh? Weird, I've not had it happen on any newer devices. It's very common on 3GS (or earlier) and in some of my games it happens on iPad 1, but anything later than those doesn't do it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, it happened on my iPhone 5. Surprised me because I hadn't seen any problems like that on my 4.

UPDATE: I just had it happen again, but this time while the app was running. I got a text message (which usally doesn't affect it) and it slowed down permanently even after the message was gone.
    This urgently needs to be fixed.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanMonk View Post
    UPDATE: I just had it happen again, but this time while the app was running. I got a text message (which usally doesn't affect it) and it slowed down permanently even after the message was gone.
    This urgently needs to be fixed.
    Anders mentioned that the objects which are drawing text (Counter, Score and String) have an impact on the FPS, especially if they are updated often.

So whenever I don't need a "text object" anymore, I hide it and I set its position to (-999, -999). The property "inactivate if far form fame" is checked. Destroying it has no effect, at least on the String object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My game is a 30fps game and i've never had this slowdown bug, never had the game drop to 15fps after being sent to the tray and back again multiple times. Just in case more info is needed.

I test my game on an iphone 5 and 4g touch right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast