User Tag List

Thread: [RC3] fit inside and adjust window size issues

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post [RC3] fit inside and adjust window size issues

i was going to post this crash: crashlogfeb6.txt
    but i figured it was because of frame transitions, perhaps the final exporter could just remove them instead of crashing? (or support it )

anyway, i also mentioned this before (http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=78270)
    but when i use the display option "fit inside and adjust window size" on my game which is in portrait mode, it stretches vertically by an insane amount so the only thing visible is a small portion of the center.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, when i am using "fit inside" and the keyboard is displayed, then the game is crunched. So now i am actually just using "adjust window size", and i am guessing it won't be looking too good on many devices. Any way to make the keyboard overlap the game rather than resizing it? (while still using a professional screen option)

Also, "show keyboard" and "hide keyboard" on the android object doesn't seem to work, it only shows by tapping the edit box and can only be hidden again by pressing the back-button.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okey, this is a bit weird, but the "hide keyboard" now seems to work.

However the "adjust window size" doesn't change the "Y Bottom Frame" value anymore, i think i saw it working on the emulator before, but now on my phone, it just extends the view area without updating the actual size. So i can't adjust the bottom bar correctly. The object i am trying to move to the bottom frame Y coordinate is hovering as if the bottom was the original window size Y, not the actual window size Y.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I know a better way to implement the show/hide keyboard actions, but it'll have to wait until the final build now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does that mean the RC4 is about to be released? really looking forward to the possibility of scaling down again, and the display options (especially "fit inside and adjust window size") are really important to release a game that works smoothly on different screen sizes.

Right now it's a complete mess: (at least 4 bugs that i am aware of)
    1. Scaling down makes active objects and other elements hide while still in the screen area.
    2. Scaling portrait is messed up, stretches vertically by an insane amount.
    3. The coordinates of edges are not updated (at least not the "Y Bottom Frame" in portrait) so i can't adjust UI elements. My bottom bar is placed higher than it should be, revealing frame area under it.
    4. When the keyboard is displayed the entire game is crunched, it should be possible to turn this on or off/display keyboard over application window.