User Tag List

Thread: Flash url object only opens "clickteam.com"

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Flash url object only opens "clickteam.com"

seriously.. start of frame - Set URL "http://www.gameyey.com", and the exported flash opens clickteam.

i attached my .mfa and .swf (+html)
    onlyclickteam.zip

also internet explorer gives a bunch of errors when i tested it there.. but it still opens clickteam.com after you dismiss them. edit: firefox gives errors as well.

could i get a link to the latest version of flash url? or the best current method to open an url that won't be blocked, i couldn't find it under flash extensions or beta flash extensions.

edit:
    i re-downloaded the extension from this thread (http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=71716)
    now it's a earth icon instead of an icon saying flash url, and it had another option after you set url to choose target.
    But it still only opens clickteam.com, and gives errors in IE and Firefox.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can honestly tell you that a) we did not make the Flash URL object, b) We did not insert code to open out our page specifically

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, seems like the extension has somehow broken.

Two big hassles in monetizing games with MMF2 flash exporter: 1) opening URLs, and 2) integrating sponsor preloaders

In my opinion, there should be bullet proof, well maintained solution for developers to achieve these two essential things with MMF2.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed. Please download this version: FlashUrl Download

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Stephen! now it works perfectly
    Not only does it open the correct URL, but i don't get any flash errors either.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! Yes, I had reported this issue earlier, though I couldn't replicate it consistently. I'm glad that we have an update, though I personally don't really need it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had any issues with the Flash URL extension. Maybe they released a broken version along the way, who knows...

I agree with MJK that a solution is needed. I struggle every time I get a sponsorship deal implementing the sponsor APIs. I have learned a tweak to make Flash Images Plus actually show a SWF Splash Screen (I don't know if it would work with a preloader). I'll share this during the week.

I would like to know if someone experienced in making Flash Extension would be willing to make a good preloader tool or a good tutorial on how to make API extensions?? I, of course, would like that everyone making commercial Flash games could rise some funds for this to happen. How much would that cost? Who would put some money for this to get done? Who could do it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oruga View Post
    I've never had any issues with the Flash URL extension. Maybe they released a broken version along the way, who knows...

I agree with MJK that a solution is needed. I struggle every time I get a sponsorship deal implementing the sponsor APIs. I have learned a tweak to make Flash Images Plus actually show a SWF Splash Screen (I don't know if it would work with a preloader). I'll share this during the week.

I would like to know if someone experienced in making Flash Extension would be willing to make a good preloader tool or a good tutorial on how to make API extensions?? I, of course, would like that everyone making commercial Flash games could rise some funds for this to happen. How much would that cost? Who would put some money for this to get done? Who could do it?
    I would pay as well, but I think a tutorial would be extremely difficult and may not be that useful. There is already documentation for extension development, but if you have some exception from your sponsor, it won't matter if you have a tutorial or not, I think.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The available documentation was not helpful to me when I tried my hand at making Flash extensions, you have somehow to change the API code to make it aim the right movieClip child and stuff. It is a bit confusing, but I'm not sure if a tutorial would help or not. However, being able to do this by yourself would be good, I've always received the kind help from someone else in these situations, but sometimes they are busy and you don't want to bother them too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oruga View Post
    The available documentation was not helpful to me when I tried my hand at making Flash extensions, you have somehow to change the API code to make it aim the right movieClip child and stuff. It is a bit confusing, but I'm not sure if a tutorial would help or not. However, being able to do this by yourself would be good, I've always received the kind help from someone else in these situations, but sometimes they are busy and you don't want to bother them too much.
    Yeah, the documentation is not very helpful. I think if someone could teach us how to do it, then we could help other people. For now, I just refuse 3rd party API requests, but this makes getting a sponsor difficult.